Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Same reason FSU didn’t get in and the outlook on life held by Big Dan T in O Brother Where Art Thou

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BOYS

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just can't fathom how someone can watch college football and think anything is for sure. What if Bama or Washington lose their qb in the semi's? Are they eliminated on the spot or do they get to play it out?

Volsdude, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That is the most [uck fay]ed up explanation of the situation I've heard from a guy in power. He "thought" Florida State wouldn't win? [uck fay] him. He's not working for Vegas, setting the line, he has a responsibility to put teams into the playoff who earned the spot. So many idiots running the show.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

And what does a committee's opinion or eye test even mean? Can they predict the conference championships? Do they have a weekly pick em to verify their eye testing abilities?

It's basically a horoscope and we ought to reject it. Standings first, then polls, then have set tie breakers (head to head, common opponents, etc). No more committee bs.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

But if we get rid of the committee we’d risk losing money and that is not palatable. It’s funny to look back, you know the last time there wasn’t a committee, the national championship was Florida State vs. Auburn. A TV executives nightmare.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Say what you want, I'm happy with a 12 team format. Bring the BCS computers back to rack and stack.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

What he didn't say out loud was he used the Vegas book as his research material.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What money. The Contracts were inked long ago regardless of FSU or Bama or Liberty, etc.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So lets not play anybody and go 13-0 every year. Hey we won all our games so we deserve to be in the playoffs. Y'all are wanting to penalize Alabama for playing another playoff team during the regular season.

Bams's best win was the 2 time defending National Champion with a 29 game win streak. What was FSUs best win?

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No, I want to penalize Bama for getting its ass kicked on its own field.

And Bama didn’t beat the 2021 or 2022 Georgia Bulldogs, so I’m not including that on Bama’s 2023 playoff resume.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Regardless of the thought on UGA; they are many times better than anyone FSU played. The ACC Championship game was some of the worse football I have ever seen played.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

So basically Bama and Texas get a double elimination tourney. They lost to Texas and just got moved to the Losers' Bracket. Texas lost to OU and got moved to the Losers' Bracket.

While everybody else gets single elimination and/or an auto-elimination because their bracket was weak.

Sounds legit.

Memtownvol, IP and Volsdude like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bullseye, that sums it up perfectly

14. HCKevinSteele

Eyeballs on the TV matter

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fair point. Let's get Liberty in there, too. Wouldn't want them to be auto-eliminated because their bracket was weak.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I get it. It just pizzes me off ... [uck fay]ing bama.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Current ratings matter in future rights negotiations.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

and it’s up for renewal in 2025, so those negotiations are happening right now

SetVol13, justingroves and The Dooz like this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So I take it if the name of the jerseys were Tennessee and not Bama that you would be making the case for FSU over UT?

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol. Don't be daft.

VolDad likes this.