Utter Nonsense From The National Media.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Aug 29, 2012.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's because it is. Ignoring that fact is childish.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

No one should underestimate how motivated the healthcare industry is to get Obama out. The media will be pro Romney bought and paid for from here on out.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Damn, good call. I had forgotten the "Culture War" speech. So, 4. The conventions and parties are so tightly run today, though, that dalliances like Buchanan's to the fringes would never make it to the floor.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To me, the ideological bias in the media really hasn’t been there in a long time. But what is there that people mistake for ideological bias is geographic bias. It’s seeing everything through the lens of [liberal] New York and Washington.”

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Right, because the city that gave us Rudy Giuliani obviously only sees the world through a liberal lens. Typical paranoid conservative hogwash.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Andrea Mitchell on Paul Ryan, “They’ve decided that this is a base election. This is not a pick for suburban moms. This is not a pick for women.”

Chuck Todd, "When you think as this storm moves to and closer to Louisiana, the specter, the sort of shadow of Bush and Katrina does hang over this convention"

Just good reporting; no bias.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Lol. Victim card is amusing.

8. hatvol96

Wait. I thought you were saying Chuck Todd is to be trusted.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A Mayor or 2 amongst a history of Democratic Mayors, Governors, Congressmen, Senators, Presidential candidates.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Using "childishness" accusations as a non-response is equally amusing.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think he is a liberal hack who got tired of hearing about a bias so he tried to justify it by calling it a geographical bias.

12. hatvol96

Todd has always been purely a commentator. That's all Mitchell really does these days. The inability of conservatives to grasp the difference between analysis and reporting continues to be a source of amusement.

Further, both of those calls are spot on. The gender gap, which Ryan exascerbated, is the reason the GOP sent Ann Romney out to bore people to tears last night. Whether it's fair or not, a good portion of the populace sees Katrina as a failure of Bush's system of cronyism. To not draw the comparison when the GOP us holding their convention during another storm would be analytical malpractice.

13. JayVols

Then we are both entertained.

You were the one whining about what was worse, not me.

I thought conservatives were the tough guys and the libs were wimps. Reagan just turned in his grave.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's like a lib-o to not take a side in an argument. I never thought you would address which was the worst accusation. Typical liberal distraction tactics.

By the way, who said I was conservative? I don't really think of myself as so. I am probably more so than you, but you are making a lot of assumptions here.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sure while reporting from "Bank of America" Stadium they will point out the Democrats role in the financial crisis.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What the **** is a "lib-o"? Why do conservatives always come up with these stupid ass colloquialisms for liberal?

Anyway, the bigger point is, where are you that liberals don't take sides in an argument? We're quite capable of being outspoken and decisive in our viewpoints. I don't know where you're getting this idea of liberal waffling.

17. JayVols

Speaking of assumptions, pot meet kettle.

I'm a moderate overall. I do lean right on social issues. You're wrong there. You made the "which is worse" argument. It's like saying chlamydia is worse than gonnorrhea. I was calling both groups (including liberals) cry babies. No distraction at all.

18. JayVols

That's what Rush and Sean say......

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Meanwhile, you assumed I was crying about it. I was just pointing out that the two accusations do not carry equal weight in most people's eyes. We aren't that far apart. I was just being overly sensitive to the childishness comment. As you pointed out, a good Reagan conservative would never do that...

I am more libertarian than conservative. For me, every government program, agency, position, rule, and regulation needs a long hard look as to its necessity and value. I am not an anarchist, but the federal government has granted itself far too much authority in societal matters over the years.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I used lib-o because I knew it would set some dander to rise. You tell me Uni. Which is the worse label, politically biased or racist?

I can't remember which, but one of them says it a lot.