Obama just got punked

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 3, 2012.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is the best post I've seen from you. I agree almost completely.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, you think he has given specifics? Tell me how his medical plan will cover the working poor when they get sick and their private insurance drops them or they lose their job?

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's a nice thought, but Al was wrong. A guy at work and I were talking about it, and he came up with the most obvious explanation. Obama was jonesing for a cigarette. His, and now my, theory is that, as a result of the busy schedule, he didn't have a chance to get his smoke on and was feeling out of it.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Didn't you hear him. He is not going to be like Obama and ram stuff through, he is going to have Monday morning coffee with Dems to work out the specifics.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here is some Obamacare specifics summarized in 1 sentence

[video=youtube;vdnY8r7_fLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnY8r7_fLw[/video]

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

1) Do you really believe that?

2) Does his base want that?

3) Do you really want him to do that?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would hope he doesn't demand Congress pass legislation without reading it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That probably is really funny to people who actually can get health insurance.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't find it very funny that the people legislating healthcare are exempt from it.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think he will try and if unsuccessful will fall back to his original plan for covering the working poor, which is to let them die in the streets.

Unfortunately he did not hug his garbage man so they will be hesitant to clean up the mess.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Completely legitimate point. Not sure how we find a congress that is willing to strip away congress's ridiculous perks.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sure you have examples of people who cannot get health insurance, medicare, or medicaid.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And I'd be interested to know how many young people are included in this cant afford insurance discussion. My health insurance bill is by far the lowest monthly bill I pay.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are plenty of people who make too much to qualify for medicare or medicaid, but no health insurance will touch.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

My roommate has a master's degree but makes less than 20,000. She can't afford health insurance.

I fully expect for people to go and say she shouldn't have gotten a worthless degree. It wasn't worthless when she went to get it.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And why will insurance not cover them?

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Debate over. You proved your point.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

pre-existing conditions or high risk.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She can afford catastrophic if she is relatively healthy.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suppose she probably could.