Obama just got punked

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That's what all the instant analysis was saying last night, from liberal and conservative alike. The difference with the overnight spin is that drastic?

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

There really hasn't been an election in this millennium that people haven't claimed both candidate sucked and they are just voting for the less sucky one.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is funny and sad, but it seems the spin after the debate has softened the debate itself now. The problem is that Romney won the debate but didn't do it in a way that championed his plans over Obama's. He wasn't very specific on his plans, and some of his biggest "boom" statements are apparently factually untrue.

Still, I personally believe he helped himself. I'm not going to pretend to be "undecided," but he gave me pause and had me seriously considering him prior to some of his statements turning out to be hyperbole. This is a big deal, since me voting for republicans would be me voting for unemployment.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Tenny...I am busy not trying to give a detailed report here but with Romney it is the basics...he is a liar. What is a surprise is Obama seemed either unprepared or flippant about the whole process. He was lecturing and did not even seem to give a damn. Obama's answers were painfully honest in my opinion. In fact, he should of spinned more. Romney being Romeny lied about his policies and his platform. You could call it a change of opinion but the fact is he lied. He did the same thing in FL against Newt. He comes out confident with a smirk and states BS very confidently that is in fact not what he believes or is campaigning on.

I am disappointed in Barry but that is why I did not vote for him the first go around. He is arrogant and sloppy. This time we are voting for America. If Romney gets in Hunger Games is around the corner. Crazy? We may find out.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like the Hunger Games.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty worried about this Hunger Games scenario. Things are obviously on course for Utopia with Obama at the helm.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

What I took away,

1. Obama didn't act like he really wanted to be there.
    2. Romney was aggressive and forceful. He needed to be.
    3. Obama looked like he was on trial for a crime against the country and he had no defense
    4. If Obama can't get the focus off his first term (which is the sad state we are in) this election may flip in the next month.

Im not a fan of Romney by any means. He has several holes in his game so to speak. He just doesn't have the proven ones that Obama has with his term.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That reminds me of Pelosi's comment regarding the health care bill, "But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Obama didn't say anything overly dumb. That's all he really needed to do.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The best thing that I heard was on CSPAN this morning. It was someone that said the reason for Obama's lack luster performance was that he was having trouble getting over the high altitude in Colorado. True story!

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That was Tennessee's own Al Gore

[video=youtube;jm9BoM2Q81c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm9BoM2Q81c[/video]

12. Oldvol75

Thats priceless Vol Dad! Thats reaching deep for an excuse!

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, Gore would know a thing or two about losing an election that should've been in the bag.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It does affect different people in weird ways, but he was here 2 months ago all day and has visited several times in the last couple years.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm starting to realize that. While Romney won the debate, that doesn't necessarily translate to a reversal of fortune.

16. Oldvol75

I lived in Colorado Springs when I was in the 2nd grade.

17. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Lawvol - you got it right. Anti-Romney folks use the "no specifics" as a talking point. The general public is on to it. He's got two more debates to drill down on it. Most people don't even understand there is a 10th amendment. I am a huge states rights guy. After living on this earth for 58+ years I hate federal government overreach.

In 2004 our industry was negatively impacted by the idiocy of the Bush Administration and their idealogues. It was federal budget related. At least there was a budget. The current bunch of idiots can't even get one of those done. I was asked to lobby in DC due to contacts I had in the Senate and HR. It was a disillusioning experience. We were successful, but I came home disheartened by the crap I saw and heard.

All of it, except the items specified by the Constitution, has to flow back to the states to manage for this country to work right. All of the states hould have balanced budget amendments. The fed budget can then be capped as Corker and some others have reccommended. All of the surplus plowed back into retiring debt. Can't happen soon enough for my grandchildren and their children's futures.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  18. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't remember much "specifics" from Obama in 2008. I do remember "Hope" and "Change".

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I went from easily running 3 miles a few times a week to struggling to run one the first couple of months. Could also get really drunk off of just a shot and a couple beers.