Butch Jones is a solid hire.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 8, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No doubt about that.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would buy that if a more talented, injury-free roster didn't suck so hard in. 2012. Cincinnati just wasn't very good. Pead was decent, but they didn't have much else.

And we looked like garbage against UGA before Bray hurt his hand.

3. GahLee

Sal Sunseri.

4. GahLee

UT wins a minimum of 8 games and probably a couple more had they be able to field a decent defense. Just decent. Dooley made the worst assistant hire in football history.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dammit, I never thought I'd see the day when this place succumbs to the same type of compensations and rationalizations the other boards have where they talk themselves into believing we have the second coming of Bear Bryant on our hands. A guy who's never been to a better bowl than the Liberty Bowl is suddenly going to compete with the giants of the best conference in the country. There's chatter about how great and wonderful he can be and will, somehow, magically learn to be a championship coach.

I'll end the suspense. With my ability to use simple numbers and look at a schedule, I can clearly determine that Butch Jones isn't winning a ****ing thing here. He's never won a ****ing thing anywhere else and people who don't win a ****ing thing at lower levels don't win a ****ing thing in higher levels. If I score 15 points a night playing high school basketball, thinking I will somehow play at UT and score 25 a night is moronic and that's what people are suggesting Jones will do. It's idiotic.

We hired a guy who looks like a high school PE teacher and will likely be about as spectacular in his results.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

We could speed the process up ala Alabama if we could get some 8th members to lure Jones to a strip club, use a UT credit card, and make sure pictures are taken!

We have already hired a worse version of Shula, so we could go right to Gruden.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not very original, but it's proven. I like it.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

See NYY for the roofies.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nah

10. robvols

robvols Member

From a Bearcat board:

Posted: 12/7/2012 12:45 PM
    Re: Volunteer fan here... I come in peace. (2
    votes)
    Not a players coach by any means....Anyone !
    That's
    Including media, players, fans, that don't buy into
    his program is excommunicated in his head...I
    swear the guy reminds me of a petulant child not
    getting their way...Has big time paranoia issues,
    and micro manages everything in the
    program...He'll blow up everything Dereck Dooley
    has laid down and start from zero..Dude has no
    adaptation skills, and is very suspect in his
    abilities to identify talent, and or evaluate it...Has
    never developed and or recruited a successfull
    QB ..yet. The final word is still out on guys here at
    UC. Not that we don' t have one, its just he doesn't
    have the ability to let his staff do their jobs without
    screwing it up. ..meddles way to much in that
    department.
    Got better at game management though so that's
    something positive...Oh and the cliches ...ha! Your
    gonna love em !
    Tyler Bray needs to get an agent fast !

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

So we rehired Derek?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ludicrous thread, particularly when tring to talk recruiting. We are going to head to Arky, Ole Miss and Vandy style recruiting.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

really haven't seen anybody say this. just saying.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I have been reading boards. No one is saying what was posted above. Most complaints are that Kelly was better. Or his offense was boring because he ran the ball so much.

15. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Really bad comparison! SEC vs Big EAST! You put TN in that conference we would have better numbers.

16. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Cam Newton is leaving the Panthers for us?

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I will give Jones a chance. There is really no choice. I doubt he beats my expectations though. I don't dislike the guy. I hope he does well at UT, but my time as a die hard fan is over. This university doesn't care enough to compete with the heavyweights of the SEC by hiring a proven coach, so we are rolling the dice again. Great. I wish them luck. If I have something to accomplish on Saturdays then I will probably do it regardless of the football schedule.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And we're getting a game changing OC like Malzahn?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

All this shit is ludicrous. Glossing over our program defaulting to the LCD is bullshit. The idiots driving this train should be thrown overboard and folks with a true vested interest need to be running things.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is what scares the shit out of me. My only hope is how would that game have turned out if Butch had Dooley's players? I'm not sure I can even answer that question and feel any better.