Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Apr 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Big difference in communicating and smooth talking.

I did honestly think when he was campaigning that he would have a bit of the Kennedy/Reagan ability to communicate and inspire via speeches. I honestly think one big difference is that Kennedy/Reagan sought to inspire. Obama seems to come across as blame.

The speech Obama have after Sandy Hook, IMO, was one of his best, if not his best in office. He spoke from the heart and he spoke as one. Too many of his speeches have been too political and not Presidential.

Just my two cents.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Obamas greatest strength is his voice.

Its a shame he wasted it on apology tours and scolding children speeches.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Agreed

Most of the time he comes across as the an angry dad

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Got no issues with this.

6. JayVols

I really don't get this. I'm no Kennedy fan, but his Berlin speech was essentially Reagan's Tear down this wall moment.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Because I was being facetious with my "Yeah right" post. The face palm is because you should know me better than that.

JFK has some of the best, most inspiring speeches in American history.

8. JayVols

I'm calling the sarcasm meter repairman immediately. No excuse, but I am sneaking posts in at practice, so I'm a bit distracted.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Adolph Hitler comes to mind.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I find defending the IQ of George Dubya akin to defending the Titanic as unsinkable.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it is ironic that kennedy was a supply sider.

12. JayVols

Their basic economic philosophies were very close. What they spent yhe money on has some variance, but still.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ventura, although no Mensa member, is more crazy than stupid, in my opinion. Palin just didn't know shit about anything, yet saw fit to embark on a career based upon mockery of others and blithely ignoring her complete lack of understanding of issues in order to gain positions of prominence for herself.

14. Unimane

Plenty of people noted his detachment and inability to understand complex issues. Plenty of stories out there of Reagan dawdling away his time at the White House while advisers did the decision making. Hell, Nixon even thought he had "limited mental capabilities" as did Margaret Thatcher.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I've spent a reasonable amount around both of them for wildly varying reasons, they are both stupid as hell.

16. hatvol96

What complex issue of his presidency did Reagan fail to nail?

17. Unimane

Fair enough, I guess trying to measure the tallest midget is pointless.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'll bite, Palin?

19. Unimane

Most anything that had to be delivered in video form because, as his aides noted, he won't read anything "longer than a paragraph" and it fit his conception of the world in terms of movies. Otherwise, Iran-Contra, Beirut, ketchup, tree pollution, Central American death squads.....the list is long.

20. hatvol96

She was in New York a great deal when I lived there and she was constantly raising funds at a couple of places I frequented. Attractive woman, not swift mentally. She might be the most provincial and narrow minded person on the planet.