Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Apr 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

An Ayatollah somewhere just issued a fatwa

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And it generally creates more problems than it fixes. Lebanon is a very unique country in that area and not bombing the shit out of the place has worked out much better there than had we put them "back into the Stone Age" (of course, leveling the country has worked wonders for Afghanistan).

4. Unimane

Well, bringing down Al Capone isn't exactly a shining example of the merits of disproportionate response. In fact, I think it caters to my idea of intelligent and creative response over the bludgeoning philosophy.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this goes back to the question as to whether you get better results in the region if you do an obama apology tour or go after em. Personally I don't think that region would respond more favorably to diplomacy. if anything they must see obama as extremely weak and exploitable.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Tax evasion?

7. Unimane

There was never an apology tour. But, as it stands, they are quite pissed off at him because of things like drone strikes. Just because he hasn't started a few wars in the region within the last4 years doesn't make him weak, nor do I think he's seen as such. Besides, diplomacy can be plenty effective if the option of force as an option. I mean, this is a guy who gave an acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize by noting there are times where war is needed. The whole "apology tour" and Obama being some kind of soft, Neville Chamberlain figure is based upon the usual misrepresentations that the right wing has put out since he's been president..

8. Unimane

Don't **** with the IRS. Did Capone ever get out of jail?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

whatever he is doing, it ain't working:

Obama, the US and the Muslim world: the animosity deepens | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

10. Unimane

11. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Bring it on.....

12. OrangeEmpire

Alcatraz drove him mad and he died later at his home in Florida.

13. OrangeEmpire

Come on now, there was an apology tour.

14. Unimane

That's right, I forgot that he was sent home after the syphillis got to him.

15. Unimane

Nope, right wing myth and projection what they think he is as opposed to what he actually is, very common.

16. OrangeEmpire

Supposedly he had the mind of a 12 yr old.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Subtle "I share something with Al Capone" post.

18. OrangeEmpire

So you are arguing word play?

The man has brass balls, Im not disputing that.

He absolutely apologized to world for America being arrogant self centered *******s.

19. OrangeEmpire

Good for you

20. Unimane

No, he didn't. He noted that we didn't work well with others too often, but also chastised the European anti-Americanism present there. Nowhere was there some kind of "I'm sorry" and was run of the mill diplomacy were it not for a sense of republican opportunism to portray his speeches as such for those who didn't bother to actually listen to them.