Creepy-A$$ Cracker...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wow. I haven't been pulled over for a very long time, but it happened all the time when I was younger. In particular when I was driving around at 1 am.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Me too. But usually because I was going 15 over.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I got pulled over for (legitimately) speeding last year. As soon as I pulled the car over, my one year old lost his shit and screamed like he was being beaten. The cop came to my door, saw my son and told me, very quickly, he would check my license and let me go. My boy got whatever he wanted that night, ice cream, candy, you name it.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think both sides are a bit defensive on this issue. I really don't think liberals feel that the country is at the same levels in regards to race relations as it was 60 years ago. I think some liberals see racism where it isn't. I feel those in this group that see racism in every nook and cranny hurt real, meaningful discussions about race relations in today's society. It's akin to the boy that cried wolf. We are better off than we were even 10 years ago, and it's improving each generation. We aren't completely over race yet. Obama said as much in his comments.

I think conservatives hear race thrown around and feel like they are unfairly being accused of being something akin to a Grand Wizard. I get the impression that some that identify in this group have the impression that racism equates to lynching. These folks, the "some" not "all" mind you, fail to admit that racism can take many, less overt forms. This hurts the cause of meaningful discussion as much as those liberals that see racism in everything.

I didn't take the President's comments to imply the we were back in the 1930s. I took them to say that even though we are immensely better off with regard to race today and getting better all the time, we aren't at the destination of race being irrelevant. If I had to pick a central theme of his impromptu "speech" it would be that we are much better with race today as a society than we have been even in the more recent past and getting better each generation. But, while we are constantly making strides, we aren't completely in a post-racial society. And honestly, I agree wholeheartedly with that.

5. JayVols

The closest I've come is stopping for a dui checkpoint.

People hate riding with me because I drive too slow- ie, the speed limit or just a couple over and yes I stay in the right lane except when passing. I graduated from my dad's driving school where his philosophy was that if you can't drive the speed limit and still get there 30 minutes early, you don't need to go in the first place. My buddy Volguy is habitually late. I love him like my brother and you won't meet a better more generous guy, ever, but that aggrivates me to no end because of how dad taught me. I'm not saying anything here that I haven't said to him personally. So it's not like I'm dropping a bombshell on him here. Love ya bro!

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

People that make their entire trip in the left lane need to be run off the road. You should never be passed on the right. Ever.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If I'm speeding by at least 10 mph, I don't feel too bad when someone goes around me. Agreed in 99% of cases, though.

8. JayVols

My pet peeve as well. If I were a cop, I'd write every person I see in the left lane without passing and/or being passed on the right. I'd give them a mile maybe two grace period, then, busted.

Virginians, Ohioans, South Carolinians, and Northeast Tennesseans are notorious for impeding the flow of traffic by dorkin' along in the left lane. I would venture a guess that they cause more accidents than someone consistently driving 10 over.

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I have a similar, yet more concise opinion on the matter. This right vs left shit is simply out of control.

I have no idea if Zimmerman dislikes black people or not....but he has struck me as a cop wannabe from the very beginning.

I'm more libertarian than most, but a cop wannabe has no business getting out of his truck with a gun, and perhaps an older and wiser Trayvon wouldn't have seen the need to beat the shit out of him and get himself shot. This is not an issue of right or left for me. It is just down right stupidity all around. We allowed Barney Fife and a seventeen year old kid to set the political discourse in the country for a months now.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep. I usually go 80 in a 70 and if you do that you will spend about 3/4 of your journey in the left lane by necessity. I will get over if I can for faster vehicles, but if they are swerving in and out of traffic I don't feel bad if they pass me on the right.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Also , if someone is going faster than me in the right lane I don't feel the necessity to cut them off and have them pass me on the left. Seems a waste of mental energy for both of us. (Let me have it, guys.)

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If they are goin faster than you in the right lane they've probably already gotten irritated with you being in the left.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Same here. Of course, I'm 22.

14. JayVols

I'm not Tennyesque, but I have been accused of being long-winded before.

15. JayVols

I'm 41.

16. JayVols

Testify brother kpt.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I hate tractors or pokey people in the left lane.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've gotten one ticket. It was the day of the night race at Bristol in 2003. It was for speeding on my way to a friend's house for a party. I've been pulled over twice for expired tags since then. Otherwise I am pretty much the same. I was pulled over for doing about 70 in a 35 and driving in the outside lane on the wrong side of a 4-lane back in high school, but I knew the cops, played football, etc.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Real life Jonathon Moxen

20. JayVols

You still come to the Bristol races?