You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The Butcher is gonna slice up some Duck in Eugene.

2. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

If we had a half way competent coaching staff, we would've beaten them last year. We've lost some talent, no doubt, but to say they have zero shot...disagree.

We're strongest on the OL, which should bode well for our QB. There's talent at WR but far from proven; the RB's should have holes big enough for any back to run through; the secondary should at the very least know their assignments; and the DL should provide some push.

Those are realistic expectations...our chances aren't great but far better than "zero."

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Oregon's qb is faster than every player on our d, not to mention the rbs and wr's.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He really has been.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The ones that showed up to Neyland were a bunch of hipsters with nose rings and large gauges.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Usually those are the non football fans. Worst fans in the PAC 12 by a decent margin.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If I had your outlook, i would have killed myself 2 presidents ago......

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No he's not.

9. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Has Maggit played one game in college 100% healthy? Seems like he was hurt before he even got here.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He's slow. Period. If he's one of a team's proposed solutions, they're screwed.

11. OrangeBlood79

He played with Turf Toe and a Hip Point for the majority of last year...I'd say you lose a step a two with just one of those injuries but he played though and still played well.

If he can stay healthy, he has the talent to play on Sundays.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Their offense is so inept that I'd give us a punchers chance. I wouldn't bet on it by any means but the odds are much better than the other two games that I mentioned.

13. GahLee

I like Curt, a lot. That said he's in the same class as Jac, lots of potential with little results.

14. GahLee

You watched the Dooley era right?

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Every gut-wrenching painful moment.

16. OrangeBlood79

I'd argue that, between the two, Smith has failed to live up to his talent level much more than Maggitt. It's been a rash of nagging injuries that have plagued Maggitt whereas Jac, who up until this point has been relatively healthy, has simply failed to meet the expectations of his talent and potential, IMO.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Because they started him as a freshman, TOOS had crowned him the next Lawrence Taylor, conveniently overlooking that he was the worst LB in the league. Then, going into last year I saw several over there mention him as an All-SEC LB. I remember getting into an extended debate with about half of the board going into last year when I disagreed with the dominant group think that LB was going to be a strength of the team. I argued to the absolute contrary and the peoples were in disbelief.

I realize Maggit's been injured, but he's still been over-hyped.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maggitt has been more productive and he's been injured his entire time here. The only game he was close to 100% healthy was NCSU last year.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know. I had this dream about us beating the Ducks and Peyton Manning getting elected President with Kenny Chesney as VP. I wouldn't write it off just yet.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Eh. I'd say we have about the same shot as we did against Bama in 2009. We aren't winning, but I don't think it's completely unfathomable that we hang around awhile.