You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

This is what Butch Jones does so well at. The average Tennessee fan, for whatever reason, doesn't understand this concept. Butch talks about the Tennessee family, constant effort, silly slogans for recruiting pitches, etc. Instead of taking it for what it is, Tennessee fans seem to accept that as him being a great coach just because Dooley failed miserably at these efforts. It's another reason my passion for Tennessee athletics continues to fall. It seems the administration and delusional fans have way lower expectations than what the University should be representing and demanding.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Amen. Work ethic should be there no matter what the score is on the board.

3. MWR

MWR Contributor

And if they don't want to put forth the effort, get out of the way and let somebody in there who has that desire.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's the same people talking up 8 and 9 wins this year. I don't know if I find the expectations or the paradox that will come with the attitude you mention above after they win 5 or 6 and stay in most of the rest more confusing.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I fall in that category a lot.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's as if portions of our fanbase literally think that merely putting on a Tennessee jersey makes anyone a winning quality FBS level player. Truly insane.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If a coach is doing due diligence, 95% of the guys wearing one on Saturday should be winning quality FBS level players. [ddiapos] was not.