Creepy-A$$ Cracker...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

less solid evidence for? Seriously? You think this was a face to face confrontation rather than a guy being jumped from the bushes?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How is it a situation where Martin, I'm assuming you mean him, would jump Zimmerman from the bushes when Zimmerman was the one trailing Martin?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

do you mean before or after Martin couldn't find him? You do remember the part where he was actually looking for Martin?

You too subscribe to the standoff theory that ended up with a dude and his gun getting the hell beaten out of him before shooting? That's sensible.

4. Unimane

Wait, so it's sensible that Martin just randomly ambushed some guy from the bushes, told by a person who just shot the kid, and not that a neighborhood watch wannabe cop followed a kid and ended up shot because the kid got mad about being followed? What about the part when Martin ran away from Zimmerman's car and Zimmerman followed him down the street? What about the fact that Martin was on his phone and was heard to ask "Do you have a problem?" Not very stealth-like by Martin in his supposed ambush.

No, to me, the most obvious scenario is the one generally held that an overzealous Barney Fife decided a kid walking in the rain was suspicious and followed him. The kid got pissed, decided to confront the guy, probably punching Zimmerman first and Zimmerman shot him because they situation he initiated went bad. That's far more realistic than the scenario presented by Zimmerman.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And we've reached the point where it's all speculation, anyway.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Speculation, imo.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could have sworn Zimmerman said Martin asked "why are you following me?" That's "jumping" him?

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

when? who validated that? Didn't Martin say it? and then say he was ambushed? You selectively believe him?

9. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Sworn?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think your timeline is entirely FUBAR. Surely you don't think it makes sense for Zimmerman to have squared off against Martin and waited on a beating to do something?

Your scenario of punching doesn't fit with anything to do with actual details of the case.

11. Unimane

Who said he was squaring off? He was, most certainly, following Martin and Martin was on the phone with his friend who stated he asked Zimmerman what the hell he was doing. That's a far, far cry from the determination that he was ambushed. I think there are some critical details you are missing in the case.

The unreliability in this is that you are taking the word of a person's account of the situation who is charged with murder (or, at the very least, realized he was in a whole hell of a lot of trouble) at face value, someone who is most determined and vested to create an account beneficial to himself.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Martin is dead, so he hasn't gotten to give any statements.

13. Unimane