8th Maxim List of Faulty Logic

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Great idea.

Done.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's also now the first article on the main page (two have already liked it on FB....to figure).

Kudos, Un.

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Done.

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Haha, this one is a beauty.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I used to get this a good bit anytime I'd post something critical of tPOS. Usually it was tied to the fact that I live in Alabama. I even had one idiot go on to say I also didn't know anything about the state because my location was tagged "East Alabama". So in his mind I was a closet bammer troll because I lived in bammer, but at the same time, I obviously knew nothing about the state because I said I was from East Alabama. I honestly didn't know how to respond to such idiotic logic.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Two likes? I'm guessing vollygirl and spartacus?

Thanks, Tenny, but there have been some really great contributions. I added a bunch of yours, other than a couple I thought were already covered or more observations of stupidity (like men waving pompons or the "woo"), than faulty logic.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ahh, yes, the Manchurian Candidate fan logic. I can't believe I haven't thought of this, yet. Added.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Found some more gold.

Lot of mouth-breathing going on here.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The only thing one is a real fan of if he/she stayed to the end of that drubbing is masochism.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So stupid. Expecting a student athlete that is on scholarship to compete for the entire game is different than people leaving after paying to watch a shitty performance

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Oh how I miss PimpVol.

Nothing like someone threatening coming to your house and killing your family...........

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm confused by the market logic. So I should be more of a fan when they are laid low, but dump em at their peek?

13. OrangeEmpire

The next time the market crashes, sell all of your worldly possessions and invest!

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I do feel like more of a fan after our last beating. But I'm curious, should I root against us when we play Vandy? I mean, I want to keep us at our lowest, so I can buy more "fandom" right?

I mean, I'd be dumb to invest fandom when the price is rising, like, after a win.

15. OrangeEmpire

Exactly,

On a side note, every time I see a post by you, I think of.........

[​IMG]

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If we were real fans, we'd refuse to leave the stadium, even after the game is over. I'm talking, live there from the opening game of the season until the final game of the season. And maybe even live there during the offseason too.

There's nothing security could do against 100,000 die hard fans who love their Vols so much that they'll stay and cheer on the Big Orange round the freaking clock. They'd have to call in the national guard. I bet that would get Adoree Jackson and a few other top recruits' attention.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Obviously, many of you are really just closet bammers that aren't true VFLs

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Correct. Anybody can be a bandwagon fan when they are winning so it doesn't count, and in fact lowers your standing on the fandom hierarchy. To support suckness is true fandom.

A related corollary is that fandom points also accrue inversely with quality of seating. People with lower level seats between the 40s are very rarely in the top echelon. The real fans are upper deck, and the best of them are behind poles, because only top notch fans would suffer through watching a shitty team from the upper deck behind a pole.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

if... when we become entrenched, we could enlist the volunteer navy to keep us stocked with provisions for the winter. damn the torpedoes... gbfo, vfl, #truefansgetit

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There should be a law that states, "Before a person can go on a rant (usually one that would rival Homer), that person MUST be able to distingish between as well as properly use the words "your" & "you're". We can discuss proper punishment, above and beyond looking like the stupid **** they already are, at any time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013