8th Maxim List of Faulty Logic

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I'll take a 2 star with heart over a 4 or 5 star who's only out for himself any day of the week

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

*insert something about name on front of jersey instead of back bullshit*

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Added.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Every time I try to explain the situation, I find out it has been added to the list. Not sure what this means.

But just wait until Peyton takes over.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You can't make any accurate judgments on a coach - however admittedly narrow and preliminary - until "X" years.

You must consider how much someone "loves" or how well they represent the University, above all else.

We need to hire more "Tennessee guys".

The "woo" is anything less than an abomination.

It's ok for men to shake Pom-poms.

Historically, we are a .650 team, and should be satisfied with hitting that mark.

Tennessee fans are "spoiled".

Tennessee has no money.

Continuity is preeminent above all - even if its only continuous underachievement and poor performance.

We can't win because we lack talent across-the-board....but these 1-3 recruits will fix that.

The Kesling hate is only because he isn't John Ward.

Recruits most prefer immediate playing time on a shitty team than delayed time on a consistent winner.

"Stars" matter, but "player development" is overrated.

Success is measured in something other than hardware, or significant progress toward it.

The situation is beyond the coaches remedy, short of a new schedule or wholesale turnover of the entire roster.

Buying out of games is a sure-fire sign of strategic savvy, and not near-sighted cowardice.

Tennessee's continued place amongst the historical elite is forever guaranteed.

Its best to have a coach whom your conference mates like / believe they're the "right" person for the job than one whom they loathe.

"X" is only true / right / correct when someone in the Knoxville media says / confirms / refutes it.

The Knoxville media is a group of entirely autonomous beings who report everything that they know, when they know it, regardless as to whether UT wishes / wants them to do so.

The "problem" is that the fans / students don't show up for games, and not the product on the field / court.

Just throwing some out there.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ruined it.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think you covered the vast majority of grievances here. The bolded are a few of my favorites with the "woo" comment being among your best, imho.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I didn't read through all of them, but a few of my favorites would be:

-Expectations are bad.
    -You're just a troll from another message board pretending to like the Vols!
    -You just want CBJ to fail so you can say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"
    -We need to keep Butch, guys. He took the job when no one else wanted it. He WANTS to be here. I'd much rather have someone that wants to be here as opposed to some Bammer like Saban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Butch didn't sign Von Bell or Carl Lawson, he can't recruit.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is not the Coaches fault the players ____________________ (jumped offside so many times, dropped so many passes, had so many missed tackles, had so many false starts, fumbled so many times, can't make an accurate throw, etc.)

EDIT: I see that it is 16 on your list.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

[Insert 5-star recruit] will just sit on the bench until his junior year if he goes to Alabama. Why would he want to go there when he could start from day one at UT?

12. Tenacious D

I agree, wholeheartedly, but would also add a twist to this one:

If the team fails to achieve reasonable goals, it's the fault of the players.

It the team over-achieves, its proof of superior coaching.

13. Tenacious D

Oh, here's a good one (can't believe its still not on the board):

"It was just a BBQ"

14. Tenacious D

How about this one:

The "Lady Vols" should be under their own logo / color scheme.

The Lady Vols have spent years establishing their "brand" and should be allowed to keep it.

The Lady Vols logo is anything less than the institutionalization of an egregious and blatant act of sexism.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

"The Lady Vols would beat the men" was always my favorite.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I haven't heard that one in a while. And even when I heard something like that, I think it was closer to "Candace Parker could play on some men's teams." I can't remember the last time I heard someone seriously suggest the women could compete with the men in basketball.

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I remember someone saying she could beat Chris Paul one on one.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Maybe they meant Chris Christie.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there's a guy here where i work who thinks it. i told him that the 5 greatest Lady Vols of all time would get housed by Wade Houston's worst team and he told me i was an idiot.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The Lady Vols is pure basketball. Without all that dunking and shit.