8th Maxim List of Faulty Logic

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

They really hate it when you mention the ladies losing to the guys they practice agait.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Amen. Way the game was meant to be played.

Get off my lawn.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Well, he was partially right.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No argument from me

5. JayVols

:)

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What these guys need is a hard week of practice

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Oh I've heard it, it's just been a really long time.

I've heard the women's national soccer team could beat the men's team more often though.

8. JayVols

I could do many things with this. But I'll leave it alone.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If they meant UT's men's soccer team, which doesn't exist, then I guess. I can't imagine the USWNT ever scoring against the USMNT in as many matches and as much time as deemed necessary to prove the point.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

"Saban didn't win his first few years at Michigan State, so it's not fair to judge (insert name of an incompetent failure) until year 5.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I played soccer for one year in college, and I heard a whole lot about how our women's team could beat our men's team. It was absurd. My junior year, the women's team scrimmaged my intramural team. The intramural team was coed, and we had at least two girls who had never played soccer before and were only there to meet the minimum rule. We also had to pull three random people out of the crowd because intramural was 8v8 (and we had no subs) and the women wanted to play us 11v11. And their coach (who was a man) played and was one of their better players. We didn't win, but it wasn't exactly 8-0 either (it was 3-0. I gave up a penalty to their coach. It was a dive. On which he tore a ligament in his knee. Serves him right).

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yes. And "Saban lost to UL-Monroe in his first year at Bama" so we shouldn't be alarmed by losses to inferior opponents.

13. MWR

MWR Contributor

Tennessee is a major player in college football.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

"Nick Saban says our coach is doing a great job. I think he'd know a little more about football than you."

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It's OK if Butch goes 5-7 or 4-8 this year because he did much better in year 2 at Cincy. (No shit, Sherlock, he inherited Brian Kelly's players at both of his previous jobs. Do you really think he's winning 10 next year with #ddiapos's upperclassmen? And even that 10-3 season included an ass-whipping at the hands of #ddiapos.)

16. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Nice one. Hilarious that any Tennessee fan would value his opinion of our coach, or even believe what he said. Like he really wanted to see our coach succeed here. I bet Saban, and Dooley had a hell of a laugh about stuff like this after he got canned. And it's already started with Jones. I'm not putting Dooley, and Jones in the same category. I'm just saying the same people really give a damn about what Nick HAD to say the week of our game this season. Though he didn't seem to be so happy to talk about Butch, and tell fond memories like he did about Dooley being paid for nearly 7 seasons to fetch Nick an oatmeal pie, and smell his farts.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

If you're not going to stay and support the team for the entire game, then you need to give your ticket to someone that WANTS to be at Neyland. VFL....GBO!!!!!!!!

(There's actually a thread about this very topic on TOOS).

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Nice, send us some gems

19. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Too sum it up. Some tn fans on these message boards are the worlds expert on Tennessee and has the IN on whats going on. It's called the bigger [penis] syndrome. That's all volnation.com is. My opinion.

20. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Really good thread. Should stickie it.