Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 25, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no he isn't. He talks about crap like Starbucks locations and his daughters foray into college like she's the only one.

Again, he's a sports journalist. He gets paid to hock crap.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And what does that have to do with anything?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've never said he isn't one of the best ever. I just said he's not in the conversation of GOAT which you seem to agree.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't enjoy his politics either, but he's good at what he does.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't see me arguing troy aikmen is one of the GOAT. even though I do think he is somewhat underrated.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chris Mortensen scoffs at this

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I do like mort

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he's a good journalist when he's giving someone else's opinion. When he's giving a football opinion, he's a freaking journalist and ranks right up there with cheerleaders and soccer players in terms of respectability.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Like the ****ing safety was his fault.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Troy Aikman was an incredible QB and played for a coach / team intent on winning it all. Johnson would have never stood for the garbage that the Colts and Broncos have thrown together.

Manning would have won three SBs on those Cowboys teams and something similar to Montana on Walsh's 49ers teams. About 15 guys would have slammed the door on everyone for those Steelers teams that made Bradshaw.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

how was it not? It's his job to catch them or at least tackle someone trying to recover. He did neither on that play.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I already said he was only to blame for 3 out of 4. take the safety away and it's still a disastrous start.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He could have had ridiculous numbers if he would have had to carry a team.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

GTHO. That 2-2 series was his fault. Harvin's end around in which Okung held everyone within 10 yards of him was also Manning's fault. Champ Bailey swinging like a rusty gate was also Manning's issue. Dude should be stretching these guys out.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I completely agree manning would have won 3 sbs with the cowboys. don't agree with the 49ers. 49ers had far better competition. the talent gap between the cowboys and the rest of the league was huge.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He was smart, accurate and had a hammer when he needed. Having a great OLine was nice, but Aikman could play.

He wouldn't have won diddly on Manning's teams either.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

still has the highest completion percentage in post season history if I recall correctly. also threw for 300+ yards in the super bowl

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The 49ers had no peers. The fact that they let people be close says something to the team / fickle nature of the game.

Montana's "dismantling" of the Bengals was for his first was stuff of legend.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He has four. Yes.

Quit talking out of your ass.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I fully agree manning is better than aikmen.