Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 25, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

zacry. Hostetler and that should say something about the greatness of the competition. That said, Parcells built around D and running it. When he tried to make QBs, a la Bledsoe, win for him, he struggled to get it done. They all eventually have to lead on the D or running it when the time comes.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He answered your question. Note, I do not know if it is correct, but he answered your question.

[​IMG]

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm simply suggesting he has played far larger roles than many of you would suggest.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not going to get into the other games. With regards to last night, you are just flat wrong to put it on him. Admitting that would at least redeem you from sounding like a complete moron.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he clearly played a role in it. He played an enormous role in them getting there with the jacked up team they had. They aren't made to win games in late Jan early Feb against the best in the league. I'd take a different approach to the thing and dump some receivers. Manning makes it work with garbage to decent receivers to the point of making the playoffs. Get some D and running.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Assuming he has, say, 2 more years in him, do you think they can undergo all the changes necessary to win one before he retires? Assuming they actually identify those changes and try to carry them out?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You getting pissed that someone is just making shit up? I did it to prove a point. You can't do anything else.

9. NorrisAlan

Don't chase Moreno and decker in free agency. Let them go, and get some defensive players. Draft all defensive players and maybe and Olineman.

Will they do that? I don't know. If Elway is smart, and I think he is, he will.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's exactly what happened for Elway.

I'll tell you that Alex Gibbs is retiring and that won't help the offensive line play. He's a master at run blocking. He was the guy driving all the changes for Shanahan when Elway won his super bowls.

Oh, and they have John Fox.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not putting last night 100% on him. only simply saying if he had played well the game would have been a hell of a lot closer.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

of course he played a huge role getting them there. the point is he has problems maintaining that level of excellent throughout the playoffs. I still contend it's virtually impossible to have a great D and running game with a QB at max salary. not sure if anyone in recent memory has done that. he's being paid to elevate the team. you could argue they'd be better off drafting a qb and building the team that way, but recent history suggests either works.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Elway and Rich Gannon definitely have more Super Bowl picks. I think Roethlisberger does, too.

There are a lot of noteworthy QBs with four.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bunch of young guys panning out and overplaying their pay grades is a huge key to winning now.

15. NorrisAlan

They would have still lost. I don't understand your argument. If the special teams played better, they would have been closer. If the offensive line played better, they would have been closer. If the defense could get a third down stop, the game would have been closer.

Seattle beat them like a drum. Beat them and made them say thank you. It was an all around bad performance, and I give Seattle a lot of the credit for causing it.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Brady as a top 3 pick probably doesn't have any rings.

17. NorrisAlan

Heard on ESPN that Seattle has 22 undrafted free agents on their roster.

Twenty. Two.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Seattle had as good of a game as they could possibly have had. Denver had nearly the worst. It was the most perfect storm of a SB I can remember.

19. NorrisAlan

I'll be honest, I hope more GMs take head to what Seattle and San Fran are doing, and Carolina. This Madden Football style just doesn't work in the playoffs. It is a copycat league, so who knows, we might see a resurgence of defensive minded football.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I could be off here, but it shocks the hell out of me that Peyton and others havn't played for less money in the past. Peyton seems like the kind of guy that would rather have more talent around him than more money. I certainly can accept the idea that your salary is your true worth, but nobody is thinking Lebron is a slouch because the likes of Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire make more than him.