Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What? Are you saying that these people wouldn't be streaming across the border if Obama weren't the president? Did this phenomenon of illegals coming across the border just happen now?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unimane, don't pick on the slow kids.

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Border security has been near or at the bottom of the barrell for quite sometime for this administration. They have done a piss poor job of trying to get any type of reform or better enforcement on the books, and their only answer to just to give the ones who are here all amensty. Well, what the hell is that going to solve, considering we don't have the funding to keep them all here? Eventually, they might try and fix the problem, but I don't see that day any time soon. It is sad what those people have to endure, but man we don't have enough jobs and money over here to support them. We have WAY too many people on the government payroll as well, and where do you think the people who are coming over will get their money? The government, of course.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Don't you have a thermometer to watch?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't you have more hyperbole to spread?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think what gets lost on the people in the non border states is the fact that we are millions of illegals beyond a natural need for cheap labor. Something needs to be done quickly or California and Texas and New Mexico are going to go bankrupt all together and that itself could easily torpedo the federal govt. The financial strain of millions of people who breed like crazy and therefore flood our schools and social services beyond their limit despite paying almost zero dollars in taxes is arguably the greatest risk to America today.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't doubt you. You see it daily. However, acting like this issue sprang up over the last 6 years is just asinine. (Not you)

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would Reagan do?

Oh, never mind.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd argue the past decade it's reached crisis status. I do think a republican president would have done something

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Completely different era. Akin to the Cubans who left because of Castro when he first took over and the ones that came 2 decades later

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

A Republican president did in 1986.

Another Republican president had 8 years to do something and didn't, other than a wall or some such foolishness.

Frankly, I think it is time we face reality and start either learning Spanish or annexing Mexico.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Or figure a way to get the Mexican economy out of the shitter and solve the drug cartel crisis.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I assure you if we started taking business licenses away from people who hired illegals this problem would go away very quickly.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. This doesn't jive with the claims of g8terhatererics who say they are flocking here and mostly doing nothing.

2. I agree, and should be happening already.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well. Eliminating citizenship for people born here would eliminate a lot of the people coming here solely to milk our social services.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The immigration act of 1986 paved the way for anchor babies for the last 30 years.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eric: "Thanks Obama"

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It did work for Canada.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure how that would work towards electing a President.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't a platform, if that is what you mean. It is something you just do.