Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because they're kids. It looks like we are treating kids like shit just to make a point, which is not acceptable, to me. I get that a lot of people see these people as disposable, but using kids as bargaining tools is pretty bad.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah looks like a real dump. . .

[​IMG]

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

absurd. they would be getting far better food and lodging then they had in mexico. and btw why the hell hold them at all?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

From reports they are bringing the diseases with them. All the more reason for quicker deportation rather than housing.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why aren't we simply ignoring the kids? remain silent and ignorant. Take away hotels, pools, baths, food and they'll stop responding to the advertisement of free crap.

6. Unimane

It's a processing center to determine whether or not the kids are allowed to stay, as per our current laws. It isn't a welcome center. It's simply a factor that we have to deal with as a sovereign nation with a border and people desiring to come here.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are very naive if you don't think it will encourage more people to come.

8. Unimane

I know. Simply awful that it has a pool. Awful.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has convened with nonprofit groups to shelter undocumented immigrant children in L.A. ...“Before you get partisan, before you tell me where you are on immigration, these are children. As a father, who are we as Americans if we do not step forward first?” Garcetti asked, noting, “I see this as not just a moral issue but as a practical one.”

Homeless activist Ted Hayes, who has lived in L.A. for three decades, opposes the idea, insisting there are American kids on city streets who need help first.

“It’s kind of a slap in the face to U.S. citizens,” Hayes said. “It’s embarrassing. It’s hurtful. Because it’s like a father saying that he loves children outside of the family more than he loves his own.”

“We feel for them,” Hayes continued. “We feel their pain. But we are feeling pain of our own children first.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...ofits-to-shelter-undocumented-children-in-la/

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Wouldn't be a better use of the money to use it for the homeless in the area for a place to get them help, instead of using it for people who are here illegally?

11. Unimane

We already have tens of thousands here already and it isn't because they decided to use a ****ing hotel as a processing station.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This...

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you want me to post the pictures of the rooms too? you called it a dump no?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

garcetti has little choice if he wants to remain mayor.

15. Unimane

Don't we already have services for the homeless? And, who is saying that this is for getting help to illegals? It's a processing station to determine whether or not they are allowed to stay or get kicked out.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

got. two wrongs make a right.

17. Unimane

The "dirty, smelly" rooms from the reviews?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

processing center my arse. this is what an actual border processing center looks like:

[​IMG]

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i guarantee you the marriott has similar complaints.

20. Unimane

Yeah, **** those kids.