Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's because we have this idiotic policy that provides them money, food, shelter and healthcare for simply crossing our border. It's an idiotic policy. How about we talk about ending that or letting those of you worried for these kids to voluntarily help the poor struggling souls.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

finally you are getting it.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

frebreze works wonders

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, what happened to all the images of the crowded detention centers?

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is a housing facility that is being purchased by a charitable organization with $50 Million of taxpayer dollars thanks to Obama.

6. Unimane

Actually, on the first sentence, I'm not in (much) disagreement, at all.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh no they're crowded! the hooror!

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why not? I have no reason to create another pile of future generational welfare grandparents.

What on earth makes it OK for politicians to obligate our citizenry for anyone not American, if it doesn't protect our national security?

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Uni, I posted something earlier in this thread. One of the Vols that I played with became a federal warden. He retired almost two years ago. He took a job at Nogales, TX. detention center about 1 1/2 years ago. He left that position about 2 months ago. He left because of what our government was doing with these illegals. They have been coming into this country in the capacity they are now for about 8 or 9 months. Not the couple of months that have been reported. There have been 10 times the amount of illegals coming into this country than is being reported.

10. Unimane

Are the kids staying there permanently? Is it merely a way station before they are all released into the country? Or, are they going to stay there until they get their hearing required under our law until their status is determined?

And, we waste a whole shit load of money on more useless stuff than this site, which costs the average American about 16 cents. I'm not saying that we should just throw money away, even if we do, but the cost of this thing is a drop in the water and far down the line of wasteful money projects (if we are going to call it that) I'd like to address.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you believed the numbers the govt reports there is no chance in hell there would be 200 guys at every home depot looking for day work from the border to oregon like there currently are.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you know what solves this problem? deport them immediately.

13. Unimane

Who says they have to stay? This is just about processing kids and allowing those who have legitimate justifications to stay in while getting rid of the others?

14. Unimane

They are required to get a hearing by law and can be granted asylum, if they qualify.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what possible legitimate justification could they have?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And all of that could have happened a long time ago. why hasn't it?

17. Unimane

Plenty of people get asylum from situations that demonstrate they are in severe personal danger. There's a long history of granting people asylum in this country. There's also a long history of former immigrant groups looking down on the current ones and making it more difficult for them to enter the country. What we are experiencing now isn't particularly new, just the nuances.

18. Unimane

From my understanding, it's because they are a shit load of kids and the process is going slow, which is why Obama is requesting more funds for lawyers, etc.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

severe personal danger? you can't be serious. why are any of them in severe personal danger? as for your history lesson let's not forget that those other groups CAME HERE LEGALLY.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why doesn't he simply have his party change the law so that they can be sent back immediately like we do Mexicans and Canadians? Problem solved.