The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This.

I am attempting to refocus the discussion on the substance and away fro the personal stuff asking for his argument. He remains committed to the personal stuff.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So what, exactly, is your opinion about this team and staff.

I'll even make a promise to use my mod powers to delete any posts critical of it. I just want to see it out there. Let's hear it.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I clearly posted a follow up question. Thus, doing the exact opposite of dismissing him.

4. CardinalVol

I mean, it's not like you and I didn't go 10 rounds a few weeks ago over something.

5. The fact that I'm ban-able is not lost on me, no.

6. Yes, I'm the one hurling personal insults.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I forgot what you were even wrong about.

8. CardinalVol

I think it was the beginning of the downfall and when/what and how it played into the NC.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

You really think you'll get banned?

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Why are we talking about this? He's not getting banned. There's a difference between someone writing "I wish you would leave" or "you are free to leave" and actually banning them.

11. JayVols

And you're not a condescending [Penis] when you do. I try to reciprocate.

Don't come in being an ass then claim victim status. That's the issue here.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In the time I have been here, I cannot recall anyone being banned for dissent.

In fact, I don't recall anyone being banned. But I am not privy to that info.

This site can be overly negative at times, but there is also the ability for mind changing here. I have seen it. And there are some that try to keep an even keel.

Now, that said, win by 20 next week or fire butch.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Got me, I'm amazed he thinks he'll get banned.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I only know what the issue isn't.

[video=youtube;OYOzUHnPJvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYOzUHnPJvU[/video]

15. JayVols

I enjoy your positive attitude and your presencein general . I don't always agree, but I din't recall ever calling you an idiot. If I have, I offer a sincere apology.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Whatever IBT is engaged in right now I am not interested in. My post was spurred by other posts and threads over the course of several months. This seemed like an appropriate place to put it. Maybe not.

17. My opinion is that it's too early to be demanding changes to the staff (especially as if the consequence of losing your interest is severe). Many of the criticisms of the staff are warranted, but already demanding they be fired and declaring them failures is silly and unreasonable. As time goes on, if the deficiencies continue, the criticism will be merited. Let the season play out. I also factor in what the coaches previously did. Jake has been a success everywhere he's been, so he gets more of a benefit than Jancek, who's had his failures. That said, they should still get credit and criticism for what's happening now, but with consideration for the situation, as I said.

As for the team, it's still 40 percent Dooley guys, and a few of them are still playing, so that adds to the fact that it is hard to judge the staff. They're young and it's obvious to me that Butch's guys are much better players but still inexperienced. I'm a believer that players largely win more so than coaching.

You didn't ask, but by thoughts on the board echo what volfanjo said. Also, folks like kpt pull a lot of bs out, claiming I've said this and that, that I'm only here to argue. I've actually been critical of Butch's game management. The Vanderbilt game had and still has me questioning his coaching ability. I'm not calling for his head though or completely doubting the guy. It seems like when a lot of folks disagree, they go one of three directions: "you're stupid" (you), "go away", "you're trolling". They demand I back up what I say after responding this way, which is ironic. Also, it's confusing that you've dismissed me a stupid, yet now want my opinion.

18. I never said I thought I'd be banned. Read. I was responding to the notion that it's funny that I was apparently speaking sharply to a mod who could ban me. Again, read.

19. CardinalVol

Thank you.

You will actually be slightly shocked to learn that your thoughts aren't that far off from mine. Back up what you say and you will be just fine.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fair enough. My explanation would be that this site was founded right smack dab in the middle of the [ddiapos] era and the worst stretch of Tennessee football in anyone's living memory. We are averaging less than 2 conference wins a year lately and it looks like the rebuilding process is still a ways off. I cannot feign any surprise that majority lean toward the negative.

However, almost everyone gives Butch plenty of credit for his recruiting efforts, even going as far as to bust the chops of posters that criticize him in that regard (Basssmanbruno). You've also got kidb ready to give us 8 or 9 wins. If he is right, I fully expect him to shove it in my face. And then the following year I'd be on his side of the aisle ready to do the same to any detractors.