The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My dislike if Bajakian has been consistent. That's all I'll say.

I wasn't a Jancek fan, particularly my infamous Auburn rant, but I see glimpses of something there that gives me some hope. Bajakian is same shit, different year.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eh, Lebeau/Parcells, Kiffin, Saban/Belichick and Patterson all have created or perfected a scheme. You could argue Parcells taught Saban and Belichick what they know and they ran with it.

But those guys made their defense's around their personnel.

3. JayVols

I've seen Jancek adjust. I've seen a better attitude & effort this year- It takes zero talent to hustle.

Why pay a coach if it's only about Jimmys and Joes. Also, please explain why Mark Richt hasn't ass-raped the SEC for about 10 titles.

I'll hang up an listen.

4. JayVols

#kptgetsit

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia's defenses definitely fly in the face of kb's argument. No matter the coordinator or the nfl talent, they always seem just average

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I see it. I'm just asking Jay his thoughts

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How much are you loving Derek Barnett right now?

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Worley is just going to be Worley. So far from what I have seen, I believe him to be serviceable. I do not think we have a QB that is built for this system on the roster yet. That is if we are supposed to be running a read option. O-line blocking was questionable yesterday at times. There were a few bright spots on certain plays and then on some there was mass confusion. But you have to expect that from young players out there. I think that as the season goes on that they will gel. I don't see a gelling at this point. That takes time to get to that point.

On the defensive front I am well pleased from what I have seen. Very few times have they been totally out of position, which was a constant last year. I see greater effort from the entire D as a whole. It will only get better. The secondary, had a few bust yesterday but over all played better. Youth again strikes here. Its also nice to see defensive ends that actually play instead of just crashing in.

Special teams are special in the wrong way.

Do I think we can beat Oklahoma? Yes. For one simple reason, (and I'm probably way of base) kids have a way of surprising themselves and pulling one out of their collective butts every once in a while. I hoping on pure luck here that we do that. If we don't, nothing lost at this point. These kids will bounce back. They will be out of their minds when the game is kicked off Saturday night

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not saying a coordinator is useless, but scheme only goes so far. I'm of the opinion that there's no drawing up a scheme that masks slow linebackers named Joe and slow defensive backs named Jimmy, or vice versa.

10. kidbourbon

UGA's defenses haven't been worse than the sum of their parts because of scheme, but because they tend to be soft and vaginal. Would you agree or disagree with this?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Agreed, but being soft and vaginal is part of coaching

12. kidbourbon

The quadruple option is now smash mouth? Noted.

13. kidbourbon

But not scheme.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The way they ran it with Prosch and Mason it was.

15. chavisut

Auburn is definitely smash mouth, at least last year.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Malzahn and Meyer definitely had a throw back smash mouth run game

17. chavisut

I loved Auburn's offense last year. Haven't been able to watch them yet this year.

18. kidbourbon

Then I don't know what smash mouth means.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It hasn't been overly impressive the last two games, execution seems a hair off. I'd imagine they'll have it running full bore here in a few weeks.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm halfway on your side. Prosch and meaner than piss O lineman taking heads off says smashmouth. The "deception" or whatever you want to call it, of a play that can go 4 different directions, maybe isn't smashmouth.