The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Potential

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Glad you see that.

3. JayVols

There is.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I was pretty outspoken about some of the negativity here last season and was never chastised for it.

I don't believe there is a herd mentality here. I'd say there is a majority of "tough" objectivity here. JMO tho GBFO always

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Had you started off today, or any other damn day, for that matter, with something like "it's too early to say..." Instead you went with your usual tactic of insulting the majority of the board. Then, you naturally get defensive and try to blame the blowback on some groupthink BS. The lack of hostility directed at Jo just proves how full of it you are.

6. JayVols

More of this is very welcome here. Thanks.

7. So insulting.

Sorry guys!

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, groupthink tends to not change despite contradictory evidence. So if people's opinions evolved on Bajakian (although they really haven't) or Jancek (sounds like some are changing a little) that would be evidence of independent thought, not groupthink.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The thing about being overly positive in your predictions about a team you like is that there's no joy in shoving it in people'e faces if you turn out to be right. Because then you're just the ******* who can't just enjoy a good team and has to mention he was right.

10. JayVols

I love football season because I know I'll get a healthy dose of Chavis on the board.

GBMFO

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meaningless, unimportant rednecks. Gee thanks!

12. kidbourbon

Maybe he's Chris Fowler.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not like I'm going to be gloating about OU and UF losses, either.

14. JayVols

If I didn't give a shit, I'd laugh rather than [itch bay] all the time.

15. kidbourbon

This will be my last post on the subject, as I just don't want to go down a road that I don't think is very constructive, but I'll just post in response to the above as it allows me clarify my disagreement:

It isn't that anybody was ever ready to fellate Bajakian, it's that he was the lesser of two evils for two years* and now he's the greater of two evils**, and that unquestionably is an evolution and when it occurs in a matter of like two weeks, and is a recognized consensus across a message board, it is most certainly not indicative of independent thought. That's all I'm saying.

*Or at least the last year.
    **Jancek was always always the guy getting criticized on this board. Baja wasn't given glowing reviews, but wasn't discussed nearly as much as Jancek. I'm just repeating myself with this footnote, and I don't even know why I did it now that I see that I'm just repeating myself.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I had a bigger problem with the OC all of last year. Nothing has changed.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jancek has done what he ought to do through two games and this there is little current ammunition with which to criticize. The same can't be said of our OC. That will likely all change after a night in Norman.

It all really depends on how much of UGA's failures you pin on Jancek. Because we aren't going to ever really top the talent he and Martinez had down there (albeit while Martinez was mostly sporting the DC title). If you assign a lot of blame for that to Jancek then he's already proven he can't hack it at this level. Bajakian has no experience at this level and is building a resume. Not a great one to this point, it seems.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  18. kidbourbon

Jay cringes every time I write that that defense is more about personnel than scheme, but I argued that last year post-Auburn when the Jancek hate blew up, and I still contend it today.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it was.

This team is going to frustrate people. I was convinced Jancek would flop here, due to his time at UGA. This year's d has been as good as one could reasonably expect it to be. The young guys get better, it will be at worst, a top 4 in the sec.

Worley has gotten better, but he still doesn't fit the offense and he can't seem to hit a guy in stride. I don't know what you do to fix it, other than recruit the next one.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We chose to play a scheme that matched up an undersized true frosh walk-on instead of another linebacker against a smash mouth team that has about a 9:1 run: pass ratio. I think the scheme criticism was warranted.