The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. I just hope we manage to hold them under 40 pts before halftime.

Better pray that Malone, North, and Pig don't lose their ACLS trying to catch Worley's turds.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why can't we lose our coordinators for the season and let the GAs coach?

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

My prediction is that Darr will get a punt blocked.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

worley is the least of the worries

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Worley's throws are much better this year

6. I agree.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly. The OL and OC are what suck. Special teams in need of improving too. If Darr has 10 min to get it off he's pretty good at punting.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Who would have thought that three weeks ago.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not particularly surprised he's less of a worry than the OL. I'll probably get flamed for this: I've always thought he wasn't that good, but that he wasn't as bad as the hyperbole artists on here made him out to be. That being said it really says more towards how bad the OL is.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Worley sucks.

11. BigOrangeBeech

I just don't get the Worley hate.

Other than the stupid pick today, he's played well so far.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He really sucks. Inability to hit moving receivers means you have a running QB, except he can't run at all.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He what? He has sucked against two weak defenses.

14. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

At least you aren't playing Florida

15. BigOrangeBeech

I dont know half as much or maybe even a tenth as much as you and jay about football, but the problems i have seen so far have nothing to do with Worley and in my opinion he is no where near as bad as some on here make him out to be.

Never said he was a great QB or even a good quarterback. And Ive been critical of Worley many times, but unless its his fault the OL and OC suck then I can't say he's at the top of my worry list.

Obviously just my opinion.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You suck

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's slow footed. He doesn't have the arm to hit receivers in stride. He locks in on receivers. He holds the ball too long. He's unwilling to take a hit to get what little zip he has on the ball to hit wide open receivers- see today. He's slow minded reading a defense. He's prone to panic. And he's a glaring liability in the chosen form of our non-passing game regardless of the ridiculousness of said scheme. Again, I refuse to call that shit a running game.

He can hit the short/quick stuff that is predetermined not requiring a read or progressions. Has he hit a pass over 30 yards on the fly this year? What we've seen this year is very athletic WRs & TEs make great adjustments to his throws and/or use their athleticism to produce YAC yards.

Has he made a few good throws? A couple, but we haven't played anyone with a defensive pulse yet.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think the guy has been atrocious, masked by bad opponents.

He supposedly earned his spot with his command, but the guy can't audible and clearly doesn't option. I think any keep is called from the sideline. Top all that with inability to hit a moving receiver, we'll never salvage a run game because he can't threaten a defense.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Peterman should be starting,flat out, but we aren't going to get that because our OC is an idiot and stubborn as shit. I have a real hard time thinking he isn't just Rove to Jones' Dubya.

Agreed with pretty much everything Jay and BPV have said, and I don't possess a quarter of the Xs and Os knowledge

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Serious?