Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Probably.

I got my hands on some decent CAMs though. Starters are Cerci, James Rodriguez, and Rakitić. Back ups are Jose Callejón and Mertens, who are both super fast and have good chemistry from both playing for Napoli. Can't decide whether I want to go for one more like Modric (I'd have to change his position) or if I wanna grab a top striker like Tevez. I have dos santos and Rodrigo serving me pretty well at striker as is. The only other weakfish spot I have is my LB and RB spots. Any upgrades for those would be 20-35k each though.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

90% of goals scored on me on the world class difficulty setting happen within the first two minutes after I score a goal.

3. VB

VB Member

Game has been like that for years. Develops say that isn't programmed into the game but that definitely exists in the game.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Does EA patch FIFA like they do the football titles? I don't think it's a horrible game but it definitely could use some improvements that I hope they'll fix. Up until now, I've been used to FIFA 12, and I feel like the gameplay on it is a tad better than 15

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think my biggest complaint thus far is defense. It feels almost impossible to play it. I don't know how many times I have tried to switch players thinking it's going to switch me to a guy on one side of the ball, just to have it switch me to a guy on the other side and run him completely out of the play before I can realize it switched to the wrong person. It also happens a lot on runs when I want to switch to my CDMs to get them in on the play. It just keeps switching to my CBs, forcing them to run away from the ball. Lob through passes are stupidly hard to defend because when you switch players, you can't see who you are for a few seconds. Not to mention the AI ****s you over regardless of which guy you choose to play defense. I don't know how many times I have tackled a guy just to have all my other players stand and watch the loose ball get picked up by my opponent. Same thing with covering guys off the ball. They just don't do it. I'll cover a guy with the ball for a few seconds, and in the meantime, another dude will streak wide open for an easy pass and goal. I can't guard both of them at the same time.

Defense just sucks.

6. VB

VB Member

I know I sound like a broken record, but that has been happening for multiple generations. People [itch bay] but it never changes. I suggest play some 1v1. That's where the real fun is

7. At least they seem to have eliminated the thing from a couple years ago where the defense and goalies basically full-retard in stoppage time and allowed goals to be scored at an absurd rate at the end of the first half, and especially at the end of a game. I remember in either '12 or '13, it wasn't unheard of to see 1-1 games going into the 90th minute end up 3-2 by the time the final whistle blew.

8. Turning off the auto-switching will instantly make this problem go away.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have it off. If I don't switch players, they get beat every time.

10. It's just important to not already be aiming the sticks in a direction to move your player until you're certain of which guy you'll have control of. Also, if you hold the switch button and point in a direction with the analog stick, rather than simply tapping the button, you have some control over which player it actually switches you to. I know this is pretty tough to do on the fly, but can be helpful at times.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hmm, that last part seems worth a try.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like I generally play good defense, but it's still almost impossible to keep the clean sheet. it seems like i'll hold them to a couple of chances per match, but they bury one of them. And if not, then they get the BS header off a wild cross from the byline or the 5'4 guy outmuscles my CB on a corner.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yep. And that feeling in your gut when you enter the 70th minute up 1-0 is the worst. It almost never lasts unless you hold the ball in the backfield, which I may just start doing. I just hate losing games on garbage and stuff that isn't my fault.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just added Carlos Tevez to my squad.

Mascherano isn't nearly as easy to buy and flip anymore, so my money making is slowing down. Anyone else got a guy you've been making decent money flipping?

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If you ever play Barcelona, just go ahead and accept the fact that you are going to concede at least two goals to Messi. Defenders go full retard whenever he gets inside the 18

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Out of the 3 players I've spent 20k+ on, the only one even remotely worth it has been Rodriguez. I'll give Tevez a few more games to see if something changes, but thus far he isn't anywhere near as good as Dos Santos. Mata just flat sucked.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also very tired of my guys jumping over terrible tackles just to turn the ball over immediately. The result is never positive. Instead of a free kick and a card, I get a turnover. A lot of them happen in or right outside the box, too.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You realize you're complaining about an EA game, right? EA hasn't ever made a perfect sports game.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do the in-game adjustments have no effect whatsoever, or do I just not know how to use them properly? I go up 2-0 midway through the first. I decide to "park the bus" and play defense. Final score: I win 4-3. I don't know what's stranger, their three goals while I have the bus parked or my two.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I put up clean sheets in 3 of 4 matches last night and allowed 1 stoppage time goal in the other