Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's entirely possible you're just terrible at it

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's certainly possible. Nothing has happened to suggest that I'm good at defense. That said, I feel like more than half of the goals scored on me are garbage goals that I have no control over. Like a guy receiving a pass while streaking straight down the middle at my goal and running right between my two CBs without them so much as taking a step toward him.

I just feel like if a team "parks the bus," there should be no way that 5 more goals can be scored. That makes no sense.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Volball, are chemistry styles worth purchasing? I want to put the hunter style on players like Rodriguez, Modric, etc. because they always feel like they're just a step slow. Will the chemistry style make a noticeable difference? Don't wanna waste my 4-5k if it won't.

4. VB

VB Member

I haven't play a ton of ultimate team once they start doing that. Can't give you a solid answer. I would say no. That kind of stuff is really dictated by work rates.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I just like calling you terrible at things

6. VB

VB Member

If NCAA is any indication, he probably runs with 6 wingers and presses all game.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I actually play a low scoring defensive style.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If there is one thing I'm good at in this game, it's playing goalie against penalty shots. I save more than I let in, and it's probably by a decently large margin.

10. All around this game is great, but one big gripe I've had for years appears to be back with a vengeance. For one reason or another, when playing a season, it has always seemed like the best teams are the easiest to beat, while mid table/shitty sides are almost unbeatable sometimes. So far I'm about 3 months into a season playing as Everton, and have a perfect record against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U, but have drawn with several average teams and couldn't win a Europa League game if my life depended on it.

No idea what causes this to be the case, but I wish they could figure out how to get it out of the game. I shouldn't be looking forward to playing Man U while dreading having to face Crystal Palace.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Modric or Iniesta? Now that I've made it to division one, all of my starters have to be Liga BBVA players, so I only have three CAMs capable of starting. They get tired after a few games, so having one more seems beneficial. I'm leaning towards Modric because I already have Isco and Rodriguez, so the chemistry would be great between the three. I also think I'll eventually pick up Benzema as my starting striker (I love Dos Santos, but his finishing sucks and speed only gets you so far on higher difficulty settings), so that would make my four attackers all Real Madrid. Solid chemistry there.

Also, I have changed my mind about Tevez. I put a sniper chemistry style on him and have him come off the bench. He's a ****ing man.

Any advice on a solid under the radar keeper from this league? I had Kiko Casilla for a while, and he was pretty solid. I picked up Casillas, the best rated and most expensive one for this league, and I honestly think he sucks. There's a noticeable difference between the two, which has me planning to sell him. Anyone better I should look at?

Also, are the LBs and RB like Marcelo, Alves, and Alba not worth getting? They're all 20-40k, and they all have high attacking work rates despite being the highest rated players at their positions. Judging from VB's past advice, high attacking work rates aren't good for those positions, but do their higher OVRs and pace make up for it?

12. VB

VB Member

Your RB and LB are very involved in the attack. You need them to have pace because most people counter and they are out on the wings where most players can fly. Get Marcelo. He's awesome in this game

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't watch much soccer, but something tells me that teams never have 19 tackles without a single God damn foul.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like that the game tries to make it more realistic by not allowing pace to dominate the entire game, but it's not realistic at all. I'm tired of no name defenders keeping up with Dos Santos on through lob passes. Im tired of beating defenders on moves with modric and Rodriguez just to get run down by that same defender 4 or 5 steps later. And most of all, I'm tired of passing ****ing sucking. If you want to take away people's ability to rely 100% on pace, make passing more prolific. I can't tell you how many times guys with decent or even good passing attributes literally pass right at defenders rather than the person on my team right next to them. Hell, I have had freakin assists to the other team where I'm sitting there wondering where the **** the guy was passing to. I sometimes make passes where there will be two guys in a line, and the first guy (the one I'm trying to pass to) will jump over the ball to let it go to the second guy, only to have it intercepted well before reaching him. How can I not rely on pace if the game refuses to pass where I want the ball to go?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's also fun watching my team piss away 2 goal leads. Usually a combination of players running into each other, attempts at clearances that go right to an opponent in the middle of the box, or my personal favorite, my keeper covering the near post and them scoring on it anyway, with him reacting after the ball is already in the net. It's like the game forces my team to go full ****ing retard when I have a lead.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Welcome to EA

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But I never knew fifa was this tainted. I thought fifa and NHL were still good games.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I just don't have these problems. Not to say there isn't a WTF moment here or there, but it's not nearly enough to cause that much distress.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Fifa is made by EA.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Gio dos Santos is a mediocre striker