Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stupid post is stupid.

2. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

operationsports has a forum for most EA games with different slider sets. find a set of sliders that work and adjust the game for you. I love it

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I loved 10, still play it over the newer ones a lot of the time.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ultimate team mode is addicting, but the difficulty settings are kind of annoying. When I play games that are set to semi-pro, I can score at will and usually win by 10. But if it bumps it up one level to professional against a team of equal or greater talent, I struggle to score (my guys chuck it wide at least 5-7 times per game), and my defense gives up stupid goals that should never go in. It's frustrating not being able to find a setting that is challenging but still fun.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I always felt that way with FIFA, there's a big jump in difficulty.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Paging Volball...

What formation should I use for ultimate team? I can't find one that plays adequate defense without eliminating all chances of scoring.

I was running the 4-2-3-1 and it was okay. I switched to the 5-2-1-2 and I don't think its worth a shit.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Played one game on world class with my ultimate team... Rooney literally tea bagged one of my defenders on his way to heading in a corner.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I feel like my defensive players watch opponents who have the ball in the box. I can't tell you how many times a guy has scored on me right down the center from inside the box with a guy standing to his left and another standing to his right. They just stand there.

Then on the other end, I built my team to have speedy strikers (Giovanni Dos Santos, for example), yet I get overrun by defenders on a regular basis. It just doesn't make sense. If I get side by side with a defender, there should be no way he can turn around and catch me.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, for me.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are you playing ultimate team? If so, how are you doing with these formations?

11. VB

VB Member

4-2-3-1. Your "2" midfielders need to be defensive mids. Not some attacking midfielder. They won't have the defensive work rates to cover your back line.

You can't just run by people because you are faster. That doesn't happen in real life and they finally adjusted that to be realistic in the game.

For your players watching, you have to switch players and do the work yourself. Live with your finger on LB

12. JohnnyQuickkick

no, i just play career mode. defensively i do ok limiting chances, but i don't usually shut them out at this point

13. JohnnyQuickkick

yep, you can't just get the ball and be reckless either

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Should it be the 4-2-3-1 (2) or the normal 4-2-3-1?

I was running it with two CDMs, but I'm not sure what their defensive work rate was. Either way, they were CDMs.

I can manage to get a run in every now and then, but then the guy just chucks it wide for no reason. I've read that crosses are nerfed big time? Is that untrue? I have considered grabbing a physical striker with good header accuracy. It would hurt the speed and agility, but I could at least get some header tries.

As for defense, I guess you're right. I was trying to let my backs play on their own and playing as my CDMs, stopping the approach and then attacking from behind as they try to make moves. It's spotty production at best.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

13 is the best one IMO

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just bought it today for PS3

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This game is so spotty. I'm playing a season in my ultimate team. I lost this division's season once already and got dropped down to a lower division. I think I lost 5 of my first six games or something that season. Now I'm playing the same teams on the same difficulty with very few changes to my own team (a few new players and a new formation), and i just scored 3 goals in the first 8 minutes of my promotion game. After I finish this game, all I have to do is tie the last 2 or win one of them and I win the title.

With how little the changes have been since the first time I played in this division, I don't understand why I'm having such an easier time right now.

And Volball, I guess this means I should probably stick with the 5-2-1-2. Got any advice on some under the radar players I might look into? I need a CM and a physical striker, to be more specific. I have about 13k coins to spend.

18. VB

VB Member

Here's my advice to you, stop running a 5-2-1-2. That formation blows. You have five defenders. There's nothing remotely fun about that. Run the 4-2-3-1. Your front four need to have pace and attacking skills. Get some pacey fullbacks and defensive minded midfielders to slot in front of the back line.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't like the 3 CAM look. Not enough good options at the position without killing my chemistry.

The 5-2-1-2 is better than you think. My WBs play defense well but also join in wide for the offense. One of them is the fastest player on my team and goes for 3 or 4 good runs every game.

And what do you mean by "pacey?" What pace would you suggest for attackers and for fullbacks?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

pace = speed in soccer lingo

I'm not as down on the 5-2-1-2 if your wingbacks get forward. if you've got the ball a lot it's not much different than a 3-4-1-2. I try sometimes to use a 3 man back line but if your wings don't get back, your 3 men get spread too wide

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014