Jeb Bush

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ironically, the president who made that statement famous was a failed businessman.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the "buck stop" comment? I wasn't really invoking that. I was referring to the irrational finance silliness with debt and deficit numbers that have now just become monopoly money type afterthoughts.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

failed businessmen are some of the most valuable resources on earth, depending on why they failed.

Some of our most successful businessmen and entrepreneurs have been failed businessmen prior to success.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Bill Gates

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not sure that's the only road that would qualify someone for the role, but I see this as a viable set of qualifications.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

butch jones

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I didn't at all advocate that those are the only qualifications. The worst possible qualifications today are those of an attorney turned career politician or someone who bootstrapped off a husband while being a political activist.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

bro fits the career politician mold IMO.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This!!!

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Truth spoken here.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I will serve with the same fervor I had when going down in flames, fingers still on the trigger.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Scares the investors shitless.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But without some power to actually affect things, that is simple fear on the buisnessmens part. Unless the President actually does have power other than being on a bully pulpit.

As a former business owner yourself, what did any President do that directly affected your business? I am truly ignorant in this, so any questions are truly asked with intentions to be educated.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Bill Clinton caused every secretary I asked to stay late for a "special session" to ask if I smoked cigars.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Surely you retorted with "the real question is do YOU smoke cigars?"

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'smoke' is.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just the uncertainty of future tax obligations is a major factor. Business owners who have already created a business worth something are conservate by nature

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't intend to say you did, and I agree.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Capping spending, simplifying the tax code, and committing to an overall tax structure for some period of time all seem like doable things. I could work with conservatives on that. I, too, would be willing to make some hard spending cuts but would like to do so with a scalpel. A good starting place would be to no longer allow deficit spending without a congressional declaration of war.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This could never happen in today's government. Why? It takes common sense and integrity that's not present in today's race to win, race to spend two party system. If you hear this out of a candidate, it's a lie.