2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They sucked, no argument there. But, I think the reason they sucked had significantly more to do with the personnel and not the coaching. Granted, I'm not overly impressed with Mahoney, to say the least.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Scott and Richard were garbage in comparison to the guys we had last year and the line didn't really look impressive then.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

A competent staff would have them looking like they'd played football before.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It would have looked good if Jalen Hurd was running behind them, imo.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

They can't pass block at all, but they've been fair run blocking since Dobbs was inserted.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would disagree. They certainly weren't even close to fair the last couple of weeks.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe, but if five NFLers are what it takes to reach good, we are on the wrong track.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You mean five NFLers plus a 5 star back.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I meant four NFL linemen and one NFL back.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think it takes that to be good. But, it takes better than what we've got right now. The only options are not 5 NFLers or just total shit, which we currently have.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed on Mizzou. 170 yards last night with no Hurd. Not great by any stretch, but mediocre.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But we already have a history of four NFL guys blocking for a senior that made an NFL practice roster. That might have been the ceiling.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A huge portion of that was Dobbs running past the guys that were knifing right through the OL.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sure, but a lot of them were designed runs that we got some yards on. It was certainly better than Mizzou because he wasn't running past those guys then.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vladimir was replaced by a Sullins twin

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sure it had nothing do with losing the entire starting lines on both sides of the ball from a 5-7 team and knowing we would be relying on youth throughout the roster?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I predicted 6 wins at the most but Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Vandy were worse to much worse than I imagined. Add Utah State to that, too. Mizzou and Ole Miss were better than I imagined, but not by much.

18. chavisut

OU and UGA were still much better than us. Especially when you consider we played them early, with a young team.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

UGA got better as the year went on, too. They opened up conference play with a loss to South Carolina.

20. chavisut

They were always better than us.

A gripe with UF loss is warranted, I just don't and never did see it with UGA.