2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thanks to the worst coach in SEC history and Butch laying an absolute egg at home last season. Let's induct this entire team into the ring of honor.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ehh. Dooley peaked his first year with a lot of talent left over from Fulmer and Kiffin. He got progresively worse the longer he was here.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like people aren't realizing how many opponents could have come onto the field and beaten us the way we played today. It's north of 75.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But we are one of a baker's dozen in the SEC that got bowl eligible. Rise to the top 13 of 14.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

True, but I think he's just making the point that through two seasons, Butch has accomplished the same thing. 5-7 season and a 6-6 season. They are just in reverse.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I realize it. I also realize the opponent on the field did not.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Progress.

TiC

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One more brick than last year.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

There wasnt enough visible difference to say he peaked at any point really. There was just not that much difference between year 1 and 3.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, I don't think people predicting 6-6 in year 2 is somehow a plus for Butch. People thought we would suck and we evidently met the expectations. Hurrah.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

God forbid a coach exceed them.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

A few things that crossed my mind while leaving the game tonite.

Our bowl berth was decided by beating Vandy for a second year straight. My thought, Figured out a way to do it this year albeit against a Vandy team that wasnt as good as the one we should have beat last year.

What is our best win. My thought, prolly USC again even tho they were far from the team we beat last year (which by far was the best win)

What is our record if Worley finishes the season. My thought, 5 maybe even 4 wins.

In the end 6 > 5 everyday. But feeling confident about the future is not there yet.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Or God forbid you as a fan want them to.

Or worse yet, demand excellence.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is the stupid that bothers me. We played one food game on the whole season and the rest was crap. We look awful and the coaching is pathetic. Our shitty recent history doesnt change that we sucked this year. Relativism to feel good is your space, leave me out.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Because that's exactly what I said. Nice try bassman.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You stated I should be happy because we were one win better in the worst SEC East ever than Dooley managed in years two and three.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Reread my statement. I said I've never seen people so mad about a win. I never said you should be happy, but that it's weird to see people complain about making a bowl. I mean, a majority of the board predicted 6-6 and that's what we did. Some predicted 5-7 and we did better than that. Its just hilarious seeing people complain about being exactly what the expected and actually make a bowl,game.

I guess go be depressed or something. I don't know what else to tell you. We ate exactly what we thought we were.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yep. That includes the glaring issues with the coaching staff, and their zero desire/pressure to fix them.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ok so then they won't be here in a few years. Complaining constantly on a message board isn't going to do anything. Sunshine pumping on VN is the same thing. I think everyone gets it. The staff sucks and he won't he here in a few years. Your point was made a year ago. Jerking each others ****s constantly complaining doesn't do anything. We all basically predicted 6-6 and when it happens you still complain. We are who we thought we were.

20. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I suppose the issue simply boils down to how we got to 6-6.. not maybe so much that we got there. Because if we were in the west, we're not close to being 6-6.. more like 4-8 at best , in my opinion (and that presumes a win over arkansas) and 1-7 in conference... something like that.

So, I guess we might be satisfied with a bowl, but in the big BIG picture, 2014 has ended up for us in. 3-way tie for 10th place overall in the SEC. The record shows we're middle of the pack in the east, but really ain't nothing to brag about.