2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we were in the acc we would be 9-3. Who cares?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Constantly logging on doesn't help either.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Take your own advice.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Go play on Facebook and come back and let us know what's going down next.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Go back to the pilot gas station bathroom and work your glory hole.

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Nice strawman. I'm really not arguing with you, but just trying to offer an opinion for why I think some folks are complaining about a win, or qualifying for a bowl.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bingo.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don't think many predicted 6-6 because they didn't think much of the coaching staff? If people predicted 3-9 and that happened can they not be unhappy too?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Exactly. 6-6 expectations were a no confidence vote in the staff. The fact that that is where we ended up proved we were right in not beleiving in this bunch.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This "doesn't do anything" talk always cracks me up. You think we are actively trying to get Jones fired by posting on the message board?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just look how this board has killed butch's recruiting. For shame

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, the only people that expected 6-6 or 7-5 certainly were not only people who have no confidence in the coaching staff. That's patently false.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

7-5? Where did that come from?

"Patently false" would imply that I used some kind of qualifier like "all."

Finally, some of the people who think 6-6 is good may not say they have no confidence in the staff, but by believing the team will in fact finish 6-6 proves that indeed they don't. Good coaches win in the second year. Always have. Always will.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Oh, so the 7-5 folks clearly had great confidence in the staff, but the 6-6 predictions was a silent protest against the staff? The vast majority of those predicting 6-6 did so based on the very obvious limitations on this roster. You may end up being dead right about Butch, but let's not start this horseshit revisionist history.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So 6-6 is a good result given the difficulty on the schedule?

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Realistically, we should have been 7-5 and beaten Florida. Anything beyond that would have been overachieving big time.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not gonna get in the weeds with 7-5, 6-6 nonsense.

I'll just say that if we had a Jon Gruden or the like (you know a Tennessee caliber coach), I would have predicted 8 or 9 wins and expected it to happen.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Shouldn't teams coached by good coaches occasionally overachieve?

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

You'd have been a lunatic then.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Nope. 6-6 is all we were going to be regardless of Lyle and shitty staff save a couple.

Next year 7-5. By 2050 we should see some good results from Lyle. Give him time they said.