2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sure.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You've missed the point...again.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So how can predicting 6-6 be anything but an indictment of the coaching staff?

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Your level of hate is pretty strange.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lack of depth. Youngest team in Sec. Sub par qb.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's just trying to fit in.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't think so. I think we play Dobbs from the start and beat Florida, and one of Georgia or Missouri. Bowl game gets us potentially 9.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Because 6-6 or 7-5 was a reasonable finish to this year regardless of who the coaching staff consisted of. Obviously, I would have been ecstatic had we exceeded that, but I don't think, after seeing us play, that this team was realistically capable of better than 7-5.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Pure insanity expecting a string of top 15 recruiting classes to be a top 25 team. Certifiable.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I do. Missouri's advantage up front was so vast, that it was comical. I actually thought we played really well against UGA. No complaints from me there. UGA was just better than us this year. We should have absolutely, 100% beaten Florida. I agree with that.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He took the job. Can't blame him for that. The hate is to those that thought he had the first ****ing reason to be here.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

**** you.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Fair enough. I don't share the level of hate.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

UGA had Gurley when they played us. That was the difference in that game. Outcome probably remains the same even Dobbs played...we definitely beat UF with him at QB, although we should have won that game anyway. If Dobbs plays the entire season and progresses a little, maybe they have a better shot against Mizzou but the OL not getting any better wouldn't have changed the outcome.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's it. You're too complex.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A competent staff, by the end of the season, doesn't have an O-Line that resembles a turnstile.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sure. Being down a center, playing a walk-on cripple at tackle, and being forced to play virtually every lineman out of position is ideal. A competent staff would have been fielding road graders by the end of the year.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I mean, I hate Kiffin more than most here, but he did a heck of a lot more with less on the Oline.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They shouldn't have been world beaters. But what we saw was an abomination.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Granted, that team had the Sullins boys. But, it also had Chris Scott and Vladimir Richard, who were better than anyone we have. Had Tiny Richardson stayed, I think it would have made a huge difference in this line.