2014 Football Schedule: Random Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I can buy the OL argument, but the DL argument is over played. We have better players on the DL this year, and they are better as a group.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Predictions are funny discussions.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Credit to Strip.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My only complaint about UGA was Peterman getting snaps over Dobbs.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Onsides kick while requiring a holder was pretty bad.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They aren't worse than USC, Florida, or Georgia Tech, either.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did we ever get to the bottom of that whole thing and why we were made to?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The refs made that call I thought

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe so, but that's when you just boot it deep.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We kicked it with 4:05 left.

My guess is Butch's thought was what mine was, we weren't stopping Gurley was a .38 in the 4th quarter.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes you have to play the odds. The odds are better that we get a stop with 4:05 remaining than an onside kick with a guy holding.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The odds are probably even better that the stripes come up with some reason to invalidate a successful onside kick.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently that is a certainty against SEC East leading teams.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

freaking please. The East was horrendous. Just a little bit of coaching with that defense and we beat UF, UGA and Missouri. Did you see our defensive schemes late?

The offense was abysmal and the playcalling worse, but the defense went to complete crap because of coaching. Losing AJ hurt, but letting Mauk sit back and tear us apart was ridiculously bad planning and calling. And what on earth do you think the Missouri offensive plan was? Any earthly idea? Keep Dobbs in the pocket to embarrass our OL?

UGA literally couldn't throw the ball at all and we still let them run at will.

UF is the straw that broke the camel's back.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

South Carolina, Vandy, and Utah State were worse than I expected. But we beat all of those teams. Mizzou and Ole Miss were better (at the time that we played them).

I'm not sure why anyone expected Oklahoma, Florida, and Georgia to be anything other than what they are/were.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't really think Mauk sat back and tore us apart. He hit a couple of long balls.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Because Oklahoma had a returning QB and a landmark Sugar Bowl win for momentum, plus a filthy stable at RB and a great front 7 on defense? Because Georgia had a DC who was in charge of an elite defense and was continuing where the last guy left off in the 3-4 as opposed to starting from scratch, and having tons of talent to use on top of that? I also expected Florida to play lights out defense, and have Grier come into the second half of the season and run away with the QB job to at least give the run game some relief.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, his completion percentage was atrocious.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

UGA sucked. Couldn't throw when we played and the defense was SCe quality.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, but in that particular game they played like dogshit, and we very easily could have won without 30 minutes of no offensive production.