Random college football game thread, 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 27, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Name a year in the last 35 a plus one would't have ended all debate. Hell, you really never needed the BCS is you adopted that system and simply had the polls and plus one.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What? Oregon just beat FSU 59-20. Why would we want that to be the final?

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wouldn't that system put Alabama vs Oregon this year?

4. hatvol96

You really read poorly. The games last night would have been the same. Unless you think somehow the seeding in Oregon and FSU would have somehow changed the game if you flipped them, then the final is exactly what it would have been.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Computers would have rated undefeated FSU first, right?

6. hatvol96

No. 1 would play 4 and 2 would play 3. That is what happened last night.

7. hatvol96

Maybe, but the human polls which should never been taken out of the process would have landed them no better than 2. The problem with the BCS was they chose at the end to act as if Jeff Sagarin or some other computer slobbering piece of shit knows more about football than Bruce Feldman.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was thinking you were suggesting one get a bye and two and three play to make championship

9. hatvol96

Not at all. That would be irrational in an and one system.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Every four years let's have a college World Cup. Then we can be like soccer too.

11. hatvol96

It would be wildly preferable to this nonsense or devaluing the regular season and creating Pigskin NHL.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree. I don't like the selection group picking the final four either.

13. hatvol96

I'm still waiting for someone to give me a year where plus one would not have worked.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How I read it too.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is about what I've always wanted. Actually, I want pre-BCS bowls (w/invitations instead of all these locked in matchups besides conference champions. Then let the top 2 teams play a week and a half later.

I don't like all the locked in matchups Like SEC 3 vs Big 10 3 or whatever.

16. hatvol96

What part of "seed them as you did" escapes you?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just read "plus one" and thought you meant 1 gets a bye and 2 and 3 play to make it to the championship. Same as he read it.

18. hatvol96

How were they seeded? 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3. If that escapes you, nothing I can do about that.

19. hatvol96

In your defense, I am going to assume you never paid any attention to the debate make the system a plus one. That has always been a proposal to simply play one more game after all the bowl games have been played, whether it be in the poll era or the BCS era. See, I don't always rip you.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was about to ask you how your boy Kiffin did last night, and then I saw "in your defense."

Yeah, I haven't really paid attention to any of those debates and didn't know exactly what was meant by a "plus one."