Random college football game thread, 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 27, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Funny how Kiffin is getting the blame when Smarts Defense couldn't cut off the corners, stay in their rushing lanes, or cover anyone.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

No problem. But to answer the question you were going to ask, when the offense runs up a bunch of yards and scores 35, I never see them as the problem.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Nice pick by UW

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

His play calling on the last few series sucked. The defense gave them plenty of opportunities to take the lead toward the end of the game.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Cyler Miles sucks

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He wasn't being put in a good position to be calling plays. You know that.

7. hatvol96

That is dumb as dirt. You score 35, bell should have already been rung. If you are playing in a meaningful game and your defense can't hold the opposition under 35, I root for scholarship pullings and dread diseases.

8. hatvol96

Nah, he's one of these UT fanboys who sits at his bizzare all male school where they teach neither Civics or reading comprehension, masturbates with his classmates, and hangs out wating for am answer from someone far smarter than him. Sadly, those people can't give a shit less about him.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I love how all the talking heads got onto Kiffin about throwing after the 23 yard punt, but OJ Howard was one on one in a jump ball situation, and Vonn Bell made a play that you expect out of a player of his caliber.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And let's not judge Kiffin in a vacuum. Simms is not a high quality QB, and yet he broke Bama season records. The damn offense carried them to that game in the first place, and sure as hell didn't lose it.

11. hatvol96

They broke, as far as I know, every meaningful Alabama offensive record this year but it is his fault. That is pure, provincial, hillbilly loser shit and anyone who tries to sell it otherwise needs a terminal disease.

12. hatvol96

I like how nobody pays attention to the reports from the voices of record that Henry took himself out of the game 3 to 4 times because he felt awful. Nah, just got to be Lane Kiffin. The fact his wife makes yours look like the chick from Mike and Molly shouldn't be a reason to hate. The fact he left us for what would have been a much better job if Pat Haden wasn't an NCAA fellating dumbass shouldn't be a reason to hate. If you hate Lane Kiffin, that defines you, not him. Possibly my last post here.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The only criticism I had for Lane last night was that his offense had zero urgency on that final drive. Still, I agree with the sentiment that 35 points should have been enough to win that game.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They still had a chance, with better execution. I am not sure how it is Lane's fault that Simms was going underneath and inside on that first set of downs, wasting like 40 or more seconds. That was dumb, and was all on the field not from the sideline.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What's wrong with calling for a spike. There was a lot of time looking t the sidelines and calling out the play at the line. I didn't get that.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

We'd be handing the trophy to Alabama.

Florida State would have be the #1 team.

The top #4 since 98 would be interesting. If love to have seen Tennessee's d vs Bishop's K State.

Lord knows it would have benefited Miami.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tennessee would have beaten the hell out of KSU.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Either way, if we are going for an all put cash grab, might as well add some flair.