AJ named in sexual assault

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

As he should.

Just like if he did it, he should face the consequences.

If it's BS, and maybe I just want it to be but it seems to be pointing in that direction, I hope he ruins her.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure the legal decision is necessarily going to reflect what actually happened.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Perhaps.

We can hope, though.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If this were the Ferguson thread, you'd be crucified for saying something like this.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That was my thoughts. Not enough evidence to make a case does not mean he did not do it.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Correct.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bull. To you and hat. Nobody in that thread is pretending our legal system finds anything remotely akin to reality. In fact, the primary argument was that the grand jury had more info than anyone else and concluded sufficient threat existed. Doesn't mean it was right.

You just don't like that the process didn't support your worldview, as has been repeated here over and over. Same in the NY case. The outcome has nothing to do with complete or incomplete.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The only witnesses to the event were the accuser and the accused. That wasn't the case in the Ferguson shooting.

9. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

if one is faced with two different sides of a story, does one usually find that the truth is as one or the other of the two different versions claim, or somewhere in the middle?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't have it both ways.

12. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

legal system... dangerous and dumb... offended... don't care... gbo... vfl... ddiapos.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I chuckled.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Well Scooby-Doo can doo doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Don't get crazy and overestimate Carter.

And I hate Scooby-Doo.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Commie.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is a painfully apropo truth, IP.

A little exaggerated ("crucified"), but true.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

who tried to have it both ways? You're trying to make this thing fit your argument because you'd prefer that the legal result have been different. That has nothing at all to do with what I think of our legal system coming to appropriate conclusions.

How am I asking that it work both ways. The argument on the other side was that the legal system can only do what it is built to do. When it starts bending to your wants, it's no longer a legal system. It's your system.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Scooby effed everything up. And his pain in the ass nephew should have been kicked off the top of a castle.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't have a preferred legal result. In the other thread, the mantra was "aha! That settles it. They had more facts than anyone." Here, under the same conditions, it is "we will never know, based on the way our system works and the incomplete nature of evidence for these sort of crimes."

You're trying to have it both ways.