As for the 10 AM presser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 3, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think the presser was a good thing, if nothing else, just for clearing the air on some of the issues(rumors) that we have heard lately. It was for the most part, typical coach speak. It does not change anything in the sense that Dooley needs to show significant improvement this upcoming season if he wants to keep his job. As I said, I think he did ok with this spur of the moment press conference. As always, the media failed but that is beside my original point.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Heard once he buys Gruden's land it will be a done deal.

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Let me add that I can not stand Dooley. Don't see myself attending another game until his candy ass is fired.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So anyone actually know who Tennessee is going to target?

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Why let a coach stand in the way of your love for the Vols?

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I will never judge a coach by a press conference, good or bad. All I care is that he wins games on Saturday and doesn't get us put on probation. That should be the only thing he is judged on.

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not willing to sacrifice my time and money if this is the coach they are going to run through the T.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm still not to the point where I hate dooley. I believe that he is in over his head, and not the guy to turn Tennessee around. That doesn't mean I'm wanting to see him fail. I see it as he doesn't have a philosophy. He spent time with Nick and thinks he can be a [penis] and run the program like he's a god. You can only do that when you have a system and philosophy that players and coaches believe in. This is Dooley's down fall. Coaches don't want to work for him and players don't want to play for him. I have an old coach that tells me to always remember you can fool the fans into believing you can coach, but you can't fool the players and coaches on your team that you can.

9. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

1. He never should've been hired.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

10. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Hiring Dooley as the Head Coach of an SEC football team would be like hiring me as your interior designer. Stupid. Thanks a lot Mr. Hamilton.

11. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I think this is exactly right. I don't hate Dooley and would love for him to win 10-14 games next year. However at this point, I have zero confidence in him as a coach.

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

The thing I can't get over is that we had to have a [uck fay]ing search firm to help us with the hire of Dooley. Unreal.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Dooley thinks we play Kansas next year? Interesting.

14. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

I always assumed that the point of a search firm is purely to be the go-betweens between you and coaches' agents, sort of like a real estate transaction when the realtors do all the talking and the principals don't get involved until the last minute. I mean, everybody knows who the coaches are. It's not like calling a headhunter and saying "I need you to find me a Perl programmer."

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You hit it on the head. Those search firms are good for gauging interest and working backchannels. Solely relying on them is next level retarded, though.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Surely you don't think an inept Clown like Precious worries about such minute details like scheduling?

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Or Memphis. Is he talking about the basketball team?

18. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I understand that, I just wouldn't think a real estate agent paid hundreds of thousands of dollars would be necessary to buy some piece of shit land that you are paying way more than FMV for.

19. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Unfortunately, I'd guess that a search firm doesn't give a retroactive discount once the AD has struck out with everybody on his list and is reduced to screaming "Just find me somebody who'll say yes!" into the phone.

The whole search firm-driven deniability dance is silly, but it's pretty standard procedure, and the money is comparatively insignificant. Hamilton's screwup was letting his strikeouts leak out publicly enough that he looked and became desperate. He went home with an unknown fat chick at 2 AM rather than call the boring girl next door (Kippy Brown), and it turned out the fat chick had an STD too. Jackpot.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I would just like to hear an AD come out and say this, that he is competent to do the single function of his job that really matters.