As for the 10 AM presser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 3, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Ainge has been saying this morning expect something big.
    Reports are that this will be more of an exclusive event, it won't be carried live. Hard to tell if people are making more out of something that's not there or if shit is about to hit the fan.

What we do know is this will be the first time Dooley has faced the press since the Kentucky game.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can't find any live links on UTSports.com, but am listening live to Basilio's station (Dan Patrick on now).......hearing nothing about presser.

3. Tenacious D

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

SportsAnimal just claimed it will not be carried live by anyone.

5. Tenacious D

Dooley speaking now, will bullet here:

Starting with Arnett.

6. Tenacious D

Said Arnett's brother sent him a text, seemingly out of the blue, he had never spoken with him before. Wanted to talk to DeAnthony, directly. Sees his relationship as father/son. Claims that there was a lot of confusion. Says DA is very mature, and the one-on-one dialogue has been helpful.

7. Tenacious D

Says he will "carve out a release for him" - but was not specific as to where.

Now talking about coaches.

8. Tenacious D

Says change is part of coaching. Said that he counts 7 SEC coordinators changing this year. Said that he is in the "early stages" of finding a replacement now, and is looking to upgrade (from Wilcox / Sirmon). Now talking recruiting.

9. Tenacious D

Has never been more excited about an off-season as this one, in his entire career. Returning 19 starters. Is disappointed in how season ended. That's all he is focused on. Now taking questions.

10. Tenacious D

Was asked if he was surprised in timing of movement of coaches? No, there are several times to see movement.

Mike Strange asked when a replacement would be named. Dooley: hard to say when or to set a timeframe.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm glad someone is excited about the offseason. Every time he opens his mouth, I want to punch kittens.

12. Tenacious D

Program has been put on as good of a foundation as could've been accomplished in the last 22 months. Says that perception is not reality. Cannot control what people think / see outside of the building. "The worst is behind us"

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sorry that I'm not brimming with confidence or excitement right now.

Hope someone asks him where the position on his staff ranks in those 7 coordinator openings.

14. WM

WM Active Member

Well that was anti-climatic, as expected i suppose.

15. Tenacious D

Pressed on whether he has had a "formal" conversation with any candidates.
    Dooley doesn't understand the meaning of, "formal" - essentially, side-stepping the question, entirely.

16. Tenacious D

Says that the DC position is a very attractive one, much more attractive than it was two years ago. Cites 9 starters returning, good mid-term enrollees.

Speaking to Adams on KY game, senior comments following loss: blames emotion of the loss, and insinuates that this lead to the comments.

17. Tenacious D

"I don't believe that losing coaches affects team chemistry". Assumedly, the exception to this would be "head coach".

18. Tenacious D

Sorry - can't hear the questions being asked of him.

Because this presser looks just slightly more organized than Kiffin's last one.

19. Tenacious D

"Gotta do a better job as coaches, and that starts with me (Dooley)."

"I think that we have a ton of guys with leadership ability. I am not worried about leadership this coming year."

"Ton of guys who just cannot wait to turn the page and start over"

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's now questioning whether or not he made the comment about the staff needing to trust each other more. Shocking the bser can't remember what lies he's told.

What a clown.