As for the 10 AM presser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Hates to box himself in" when asked about what he's looking for in a DC. Says that he wants someone who can win next season, and knows what it takes to win in the SEC.

Glad to have Jay Graham back.

Mentions that Akron / Kansas / Memphis - all opponents next season - changed coaches after two seasons. That says that they (coaches) are on the line every sseason.

Says Hart was "crushed" after KY loss, and that they had a two-hour discussion on it. Says adversity has been good.

Angry at question on Da'Rick - says that he is on the team, doesn't understand why they keep asking him about it. Compares the rumors of Rogers dismissal to those saying he was resigning.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Touching on Memphis, Akron and Kansas firing coaches after two years. Ironic.

Now he's getting defenseless about roster issues and his retiring. End this bastards tenure. Dead man walking.

3. Tenacious D

Says that he is not going to talk about things he discusses in team meeting. Very "snippy" if you will.

Says Tennessee has not changed, and has the resources and all advantages to come back. Says that he tells recruits not to come here for the coaches he'll be playing for......ostensibly, failing to see the irony of hearing this from the mouth of a head coach.....who is recruiting you to his school.

4. Tenacious D

Says that he would like to tell an assistant, "We can give you a 5-year deal...but we just can't do that. We can't be boxed in."

Reference to possible snag in Shannon talks?

He tells everyone, "If you're not absolutely in and bleeding orange, you shouldn't be here - and I told them that at LA Tech, too" Not sure why he would want assistants at LA Tech to bleed orange, but I digress.

Proud of what they have accomplished in 22 months - from roster, to 'AA mess, it's in "great shape" now.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This press conference has verified three things for me.

1. His dismissal is past due.
    2. It's painfully obvious he's over his head. Not barely either.
    3. The Knoxville media still blows elephant testicles.

6. Tenacious D

First mention of "rolling up sleeves and going to work" has appeared.

Says that excitement around here (Knoxville) isn't indicative of what they see around the country, while recruiting.

When you love something, you support it. We have one of the best fan bases in the country. Passion is healthy, and would not change us for anything? Good thing he has no ideation of changing us, I suppose.

Loves Hart, and is thrilled he is here. Is as good of a thing as possible, and couldn't have hired a better guy.

Again, refuses a roster question from Hyams.

7. Tenacious D

Presser over.

We officially have the worst sports media group, collectively, as anyone in the United States of America.

8. WM

WM Active Member

Haha poor Jimmy.

9. Tenacious D

I have seen neighborhood soccer coaches being interviewed by the subdivision newsletter be pressed more, and better, than this.

He said absolutely nothing of value, whatsoever. Not on Arnett. Nor on DC. KY game. Zero.

Just absolute fluff, literally, just to say he did a presser, I think.

10. WM

WM Active Member

He seemed quite hostile, like he was just held at gunpoint to acknowlage the press. Just a mess.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pathetic. Beyond it actually.

12. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Just go hire someone Derek.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He got forced into having to speak on all that stuff.

14. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

I never thought I would despise a coach like I did Kiffin. But it has happened. What a joke, and shame on the Knoxville sports writers for not nailing Dooley to the wall over the replacements of Sirmon and Wilcox. I really had my hopes up that we were announcing Shannon. Shoulda known better.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tis what you get when you get an entire media base scared they will lose a source or access to a coach.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some of the reactions in this thread are a bit over-the-top. The press conference changed nothing. He's just a coach who has proved nothing in all of his years. He is a nothing. This press conference didn't add or subtract from that.

17. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

this was all quite a bit anti-climactic

18. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

current state of UT football in a nutshell.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

a press conference with lots of coachspeak and no real info? Shocking, utterly shocking. This stuff doesn't go like this anywhere else. Oh wait, yeah it does, absolutely everywhere else.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Only bad thing about such a belief is that service academy players for the most part already bleed their uniform, and yet they still suck, generally speaking.

Every now and then, you need someone with talent too...