Put Up or Shut Up Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 5, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't know that I'd call BGSU decent. They are shit on defense. It's like Dooley rolling Butch's Cincy team

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pass rush will get going. Alhough he played late, Kelly Jr was basically out. I'm not worried about the defense, yet.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll admit to probably giving UF more credit than they deserve, but I expect Missouri to be better prepared and expose any weakness early and often. I also have a hard time believing Butch beats Spurrier three times in a row.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Next week's the best gauge. This was a nice equivalent of a 7 on 7 to look shiny and give people hope.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

What is Martins status?

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Western Carolina
    North Texas
    Vandy
    Kentucky

That's 5 wins.

Hard to believe that we would only win one more game between OU, South Carolina, Florida, UGA, Missouri, Arkansas and Alabama when you consider how awful South Carolina looked, how many question marks Florida has and see who's throwing the ball for UGA. Missouri can't match our talent, their coaching will make it a game though.

I don't know. I still see 8 wins as the bare minimum bar. You may very well be right but I refuse to believe it.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather be wrong and happy than right and pissed all winter.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Spurrier doesnt have the roster he had a few years ago when they were pretty good. This years aint much better than last. No reason UT shouldnt win that game at home.

9. GahLee

They're better than the Western Michigan team that played with Michigan State or the Eastern Washington team that put up 42 points on Oregon despite Oregon taking their best player. They're probably better than a temple team that beat Penn State.

I'm not going to sit here and deny that there are concerns, there are but I'm not going to focus only on a handful of plays that they made and project it take place throughout the rest of the season.

10. GahLee

They had a handful off guys that looked like legit SEC players.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Well, according to VN, Bowling Green is better than Missouri, so there's that.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

According to VN, Jumper is "a warrior" that "wants it"

13. GahLee

Shocking.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Tennessee 38
    Oklahoma 35

Write it down.

15. GahLee

Boom!

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One wr was a 4 star that couldn't get academically cleared at Ohio State and another wr is a Baylor transfer.

17. GahLee

Kirkland jr is a player, I'll be pissed if that spot isn't his by next week.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mizzou beat an FCS team by 31 today.

19. GahLee

Cooper, Wilds, Moore and Dukes. Other than that they look like USC pre-Spurrier.

20. GahLee

Bet their fans aren't freaking out about it either.