Put Up or Shut Up Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 5, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There was a lot wrong today. McKenzie not seeing the field until late in the game, Kirkland not starting at mlb, a lack of effort by Moseley and Foreman and North never even getting targeted are the big ones.

But, the ol looked a lot better, Hurd and Kamara lived up to the hype and the return teams looked great. Wolf is a great te too.

The offense did what they wanted to do and the defense looked rough.

It's a 29 point win at the end of the day

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, yeah, but they aren't continual screw ups like this football program has been

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mizzou has shown up to play and been the better coached team at every meeting so far.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Who's freaking out?

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought it was 50/50 before. Now I think 33/67.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Their QB made some great throws. If we had him last year we beat UGA and UF for 8-4 rrecord. Secondary needs work but I don't think OU brings a passing game like that. I agree with hat's call. Medley needs a bounce back game so game winner next week should do it.

7. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Frankly, I thought we just looked slow and uninspired. I also thought maybe I was being overly critical... until the 3 talking heads came up with their reaction: concern, lackadaisical, etc.

Wow. BG may be a "good team, all offense, no defense" but other than ky and vandy, I don't know who else in the SEC allows BG to score 30.. or is really forced to leave the 1s playing that late (granted
    , I couldn't see the rest of the game post delay).

I highly doubt new Mexico st is anywhere close to as a good as BG, but when Florida hangs 70, that never makes me feel good or confident.

I think Florida is a toss up right now, and I now have zero confidence for the Arkansas game. I don't want to spell out the rest.

I'm with warhammer... It OUGHT to be at least 9, but feels like it's gonna be 6 or 7. Ffs, wait til the injuries really start piling up.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Like it.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Moseley and Foreman, especially Foreman, started pouting as the game went on and they continued getting worked over.

They both started jogging and half assing on special teams.

10. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Medley wins it? .....you do like to live dangerously.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm pretty much right where i was before last night. I have no idea how next week is gonna go

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Give me 400 yards of rushing a game and Tennessee isn't losing too many games

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That was some of the worst LB play I have seen at the college level. A LB that's slow, plays with no aggression, and has absolutely zero technique has no place on the field, unless he's the 5th chair tuba player.

14. JayVols

That's the typical behavior for DBs from DB.

15. JayVols

I liked this part. Hurd is a freaking monster. You see him pounding his chest while looking at the sideline in the 2nd when we were trying to het a long drive going to kill the clock? They were calling some finesse plays & Hurd looked to the sideline pretty much saying "I'm a freakin beast! Feed me!" I love that from an underclassman. I'm not much of an offense guy, but Hurd plays offense with the violence and aggression of a defensive player. I'm becoming a big big fan of that young man. Leadership like that is one thing we have lacked for far too long.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Currently neck and neck for the teddy Gaines award.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So...why was he out there? Knows the playbook better than Kirkland Jr with regard to pre snap adjustments? Seriously, the kid was named starter and apparently was embarrassed all night.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Jennings at WR tho. He's going to be a great one.

Daniel has a monster leg. Medley surprised me, as he was money inside forty last year.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We will face better offenses, but that was the most up-tempo look we will see all year.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope Medley doesn't turn into a head case