Put Up or Shut Up Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 5, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

8-4 or 9-3. Nothing has changed. Anything less is a failure. It isn't even about "what will happen," it is about "what should happen." We should compete if not beat Oklahoma next week. If we don't, it's a failure.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Probably the only type of runs he will see with Hurd and Kamara. He ran hard though.

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Books love the ole box score player. Akron has a very athletic front and they play extremely aggressive on D and that 100 tonight meant shit. The 400 plus passing yards looked pretty good though.
    They will run for over 100 on Saturday.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah he did.

Wished I could have met up with you guys before the game, but it was good to meet y'all.

5. GahLee

I thought it was a 50/50 game yesterday and thinks it's a 50/50 game still. We can beat them. Secondary has to be better but it really can't be much worse.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What decent team are they beating with tonight's performance?

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Define decent.

8. GahLee

It's Akron and they've got a kid that ran wild on everybody last year. 3 yards a carry is sorry no matter how it is spun. It can just easily be said that BG runs an offense that can and will put up points on most everyone they play but that wouldn't support the claim that we are doomed.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An 8 or 9 win MAC team by 29?

10. GahLee

Could've easily been more. Strip sack should have been 6 and the hold on Hurd's run was a bs call considering all the holding that went on. That would give us 73 points.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kentucky, Vandy, North Texas, Western Carolina, and South Carolina are all pretty certainly wins with that performance. So there is 6. I think Florida and Missouri don't match up well to take advantage of our secondary play as of today, so there's 8. And I am pretty sure it can't get any worse in the secondary. Could be wrong.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We kept pressing a guy we had no business pressing. Otherwise we win by 40 instead of 29.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And that gives you hope?

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don't know if we beat Oklahoma, but we damn sure better ****ing beat Florida.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If it isn't fixed next week, no.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Same here man. Always good to put a face with a name.

We got a late start getting to the game.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ask Gahlee.

I've said 6-6 or 7-6 for months, and I saw little to change that opinion tonight.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Prepare yourself for disappointment.

19. GahLee

Maybe a trial by fire helps those guys? Trying to be positive, we beat a decent BG team by 29 points, it's too early to allow for reasons to be miserable.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I still see a lot of the same plagues with the team, they're just more talented now