Hardest Ticket in UT History...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 11, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An Evan Berry touchdown on the opening kickoff would send the roof off the place

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, the #1 qb of 2018 is one of them

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I kind of feel like if Oklahoma's qb plays well you lose, otherwise you win. I have my reservations that Oklahoma's offense can be revitalized in one off season in this system though.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree to a point, but Tennessee is a better team than Oklahoma.

Look at the rosters, Tennessee has an edge everywhere on the d except linebacker, on offense OU has better rbs and that's it.

I expect Tennessee to win because Tennessee has more talent

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He struggled until midway through the 3rd quarter last week.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Right. I think the benefits of a win here are more significant than the consequences from a loss. If we lose close and then go down to Gainesville and win 31-14 in a couple weeks, nobody will remember the OU game.

7. Tar Volon

Do we believe in our OL that much, or do we believe theirs is just that bad?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that offense has a nice way of making a qb's stats look fairly good even if he played like shit and the team didn't score a lot of points. early in the system you are throwing for a lot of first downs and yards, but suck in the red zone. the red zone offense calls for a lot of fades and timing patterns and qb and wr timing that takes years for a team to get down generally.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think the key to that is UT vs OU's running game.

If he is forced to throw the ball for them to move it I think UT will make a couple of big plays against him.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Theirs isn't very good. They looked like the 2014 oline against Akron last Saturday

11. Tar Volon

I know they looked bad against Akron, but I just watched too much Tennessee football last year to pick our OL ahead of anybody with a pulse. Maybe they just don't have a pulse and I'll be pleasantly surprised. But pessimism is my default until proven otherwise on this account.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tar, I think Tennessee's oline is average at best. I do think the best 5 are out there right now.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only redeeming trait of the DeBord hire is his ability to coach up an oline.

Look at how awful the oline played against UTC last year. This 2015 oline may be awful, but they're better than 2014

14. Tar Volon

I understand all of this in my head. It's just hard to actually believe it deep down until I see us actually win the battle in the trenches against a solid opponent. After last year, I can barely even believe we'll win in the trenches against Florida, and their OL should be one of the worst we face all year.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Florida is all about getting that annoying ass monkey off of their backs

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I had a dream he housed the opening kick and then Cam Sutton picked off Mayfield for another score to open the game.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Id take our RB's and not think twice about it.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think there's much of a difference at all between either pair

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dale Carter and his son, 2016 4 star safety Nigel Warrior, will be there.

Doug Matthews just slipped up and said Dale will be the Vol Legend of the game

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I don't have the feeling about him like I did about Dillon Bates. Everybody kinda knew Bates was coming, but with this guy I haven't got that feeling.