Hardest Ticket in UT History...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 11, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Tennessee 34
    Oklahoma 31.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Butch purposely had the DBs play like crap last week to fool OU into thinking they can throw all over us.

Mayfield throws 4 picks.

Butch is a genius.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I'll be shocked if we win.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I simply feel our coaching disadvantage mitigates any talent advantage we have in this game. I hope our coaches make me look like a complete fool, but I'm not getting suckered in until they show the ability to beat a team with ~equal talent and solid coaching. And, yes, momma may have raised a puss.

5. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Tennessee is the more talented team and Neyland Stadium should be as rowdy as ever. Bob Stoops is on his last legs at Oklahoma and his team/coaching philosophy is nowhere near what has made him special. That said, Butch Jones doesn't win these types of games. He hasn't before and I have no reason to pick him today. Butch has been a loser thus far in his Tennessee coaching career in terms of winning games. Until he wins big games, like tomorrow, he'll still be considered an average coach that recruits and promotes the program well. I do think this team is talented enough to win one of the Oklahoma/Arkansas/Georgia games.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think our DL is going to eat their OL up.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

BS.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Speaking of Neyland Stadium and it's blue-bloods and bluer hair masses - what, exactly leads anyone to believe it's going to be "rocking"?

When was the last time that Neyland was legitimately and consistently so loud and rowdy as to disrupt a team? When was the last time that the crowd seemed to have even a marginal affect on any game, and for 60 minutes?

Who's the last team that dreaded playing in Neyland Stadium, other than some never-was FBS or FCS school - and Neyland delivered?

Florida 98, IIRC.

For over a decade, it's had infrequent spurts of volume and rowdiness, but how could 100k drunks NOT be able to accomplish that?

The days of Neyland and its crowd being any sort of advantage are only still found in the fond memories of the most desperate and delusionally hopeful.

Nobody gives a shit about playing in Neyland. Nobody.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

TennyD offering up some ipecac. Force feeding is less than a day away.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Would it matter?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

pure slander.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is just terrible that people have expectations about winning at Tennessee?

Should we all just give up and wait for failure?

There is one way to keep a mediocre to bad coach around indefinitely: apathy.

I'm going to expect to win games and and when we don't I'll probably be pissed. Expectations are a good thing.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Correct.

Tennessee 42
    Oklahoma 27

Edit: and we may suck ass, but more than enough time to be [itch bay]y and angry post game.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Y'all ain't gonna bring me down.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I know that Tenn D is just stirring the pot because surely he must welcome such expectations. If the level headed crowd is expecting a win, what must that say about the less-objective crowd?

Butch getting smoked tonight would cause many a combination of anger and disappointment. Nothing like having excitement dashed to warm a coaches seat.

Florida 2012 was the turning point for MANY (though god only knows why it took that long).

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

First year starters at LT and RT, one being a true freshmen that we let walk. Barnett and Maggitt should beat them consistently. My only fear there is that they'll just get the ball out quickly and negate what would be a good pass rush.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's a red shirt freshman.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The only difference is their WRs don't outweigh our corners by 30 to 40 lbs. So if we press their quick throws it'll be a different game.

19. GahLee

This isn't a game we have no business winning. UT, at the very least should be right in it until the end. It's hard to be overly confident because we haven't been a consistently good team in a long time and games like this have usually been a disaster. UT needs to win this game for momentums sake, a win here could push this team to be better than maybe even they think they are, a loss will make the game against Florida much more daunting. No pressure.

20. GahLee

Either way. He yet to compete against someone like Barnett/Maggitt.