Vols vs Gators Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 21, 2015.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Lighten up, Francis.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I apologize. Continue your nonsensical comparison of beating a UF team that is closer to awful than above average to beating an number two ranked bammer team.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I accept.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Chris Low
    ‏@ClowESPN
    The last time Tennessee faced Florida in the Swamp and neither team was nationally ranked was 1955. That was before my time.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Cute stat. Sadly, the only real point is that Florida was ranked two years ago, four years ago, etc.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Butch won't get fired no matter what after this year I hate to tell you. He could molest Smokey right on the 50 yard line as halftime entertainment and still be here next year. Whoooohooo

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm sure it got 154 likes too...

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The question is: does Dormady's talent in the throw game bring more to the table for us offensively than Dobbs's legs bring in the rush game? For any semi competent coach, I think Dormady could be the better option. For our Coach, who insists on running this shitty offense, Dobbs is really the only option.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's objectively false...

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You got analytics to back up that claim?

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

My first thought after 'poor misguided fool'.

13. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Tennessee's best bet to winning is to drop down by two touchdowns early. Look at past history - Lyle actually gets somewhat aggressive and operates the offense at a faster tempo when trailing early. Of course, we all know how he coaches when he has the lead.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't get over how meaningless this game seems to me. Florida is crap, and has been crap for three years.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

For some reason, I think that TN beats the Gators in the Swamp and follow it up with a win over Arky. This will thrust them back to in to the Top 25 and make the Kool-Aid majority to think Oklahoma was a merely an aberration. Georgia will roll into town, and fans will pack the house and set their sights higher than they were for Oklahoma.....then the staff will find away to yet again let a win slip away as Georgia will crush the Vol spirit once again. This will be followed by Kiffin deciding to not throw the ball and having Henry run for 300 yards on 40 carries the next week.

17. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Based on what little I've read of the Florida defense, it sounds like they will start this game basically where Oklahoma started it in the second half against us two weeks ago.

No need for debord to be incapable of making play calling adjustments on the fly. He's got a whole week to pick 7, 8, 9, 10 different offense formations and plays to counter that type of defense.

I know some of you are saying you'll believe it when you see it, and I understand that. But maybe we ought to wait and see if, indeed, we start seeing more curls and slants in the middle of the field before we start chalking this game up as a loss. I haven't seen any of Florida's games this year, but surely they've been playing the same defense over the past 3 games?

That's a lot of analytics time. I'm just saying.

The wait-and-see approach for this game doesn't have to mean anybody is suddenly giving a positive endorsement of the coaching staff.

...after all, it WOULD be nice if this staff could manage to make in-game adjustments on the fly from the offensive side of the ball.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I am the only one that thinks that Tennessee's ineptitude on offense in the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game was less about Oklahoma's adjustments and more about Debord and Butch balling up in the fetal position and trying not to lose instead of trying to put the game away?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I think that is what everyone thinks here.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Ok, I was getting the feeling from above that Oklahoma suddenly switched defenses and changed the game instead of Debord and Butch getting the old tight diddly hole.