Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

If we're going to keep calling deep routes on 4th and 13 then I don't think we have a choice but to switch QB's. At least Dormady will give our WR's a chance to catch the ball.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

presumably, it will. I think we're scared to death of the middle because Dobbs overthrows a lot in practice and those are free picks to the safety near the middle.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That requires too much foresight from Butch.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i'd play dobbs and have him keep quite a bit. he opens up the field by pulling the safeties up. When he starts that run then dumps to a backside dragging WR, then people are wide open and he can hit them standing still.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's like we ran the Dobbs offense with Worley and the ****ing worley offense with Dobbs.

6. cotton

Is that a rocket scientist under the bus?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the irony is sickening and I can't make sense of it in any way. DeBord is clearly an idiot, but you'd think they'd see similarities and notice that the LBs and Safeties no longer have to make any decisions on the fly. They know, pre-snap, exactly where they're going and which offensive player to tackle.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Coaches seem to think that it's all a lack of execution. Even if D knows it's coming, we should be able to run it successfully if well-executed.

All a player problem.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why would anyone be surprised that Dobbs isn't holding onto the ball as much as one might suspect? We heard for two years that the slow developing, looks like read option plays were actually designed runs to the tailback. You guys thought he was just saying that crap. He's that stupid folks. The scheme - it's really that bad.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Play or start? Which one?

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Play

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It does come across as desperate, but I think this is the right call. Let's see what the kid can do. We know what Dobbs has to offer, and so does everyone else. It's killing us.

13. cotton

Maybe he needs some snaps, I don't know. I haven't seen him.

Why tell everybody? The only thing I see that announcing it does is attempt to shift blame to Dobbs.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Part of me wants to believe that they were too afraid of getting Dobbs hurt to let him full play his style of game. Grasping at straws I suppose.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What was the context? Maybe somebody asked him.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Really? We did not lose any game because of Dobbs. PW had a key drop and fumbled in the red zone. We have no pass rush and couldn't tackle Collins until he got 7yds. UF 100% on 4th down? Even Les Miles thought that was a joke. Why don't we use the TE more because he has good chemistry with Wolf? Check out Ellis's drops against OK. He isn't Peyton, but this is grasping and embarrassing.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If Butch plays this wrong, he will lose the locker room Dooley style. I'd have to think Dobbs has the respect of the other players because he does sell out his body on in the run game.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How many times has he hit a receiver In stride for more than 2 yards?

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Works in peewee ball, so it must work here.

20. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

@UF was about as loose as I've seen them with Dobbs. If they aren't going to do that, then put Dormady in and see if he can get the passing game in rhythm. He can always hand off to Hurd and Kamara.