Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's where I have the problem. This move is clear admission that what they've been doing doesn't work.

The stupidity is never having Dobbs run with it any more.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the scheme and routes are definitely killing him, but he can't throw it. Getting away from his keeper has been the death of this offense. Deciding to light it up and throw for an entire second half was the stupidest thing imaginable.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've quit trying to figure out what the gameplan, strategy, or philosohpy is. I could make some sense of it with Bajakain even if I didn't agree with it. I can't make anything out of this mess.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If Dobbs' first start as a true freshman is any indicator, 50 PAs coming.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And they'll compound it by rolling out Dormady and then have no-read runs that get stuffed, followed by 3rd and longs with a porous O-line. Which is why I don't care for the switch. All they're going to do is hurt him or traumatize him. They don't know how to tailor an offense to a player, if they did Dobbs would still be muddling along as the starter, scrambling and hitting slants (which they haven't run but once so far this season).

6. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Jalen Hurd will be pissed, if this happens. Instead of two guys hanging on him in the backfield, he'll be dealing with four.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I do not understand the lack of Dobbs runs, unless he's hurt and we're afraid to play anyone else.

As it stands now, we have no offense because all the runs are telegraphed and the passing game is stupid as hell.

8. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

No doubt about it that Dormady has a better arm. It's hard to call him a better quarterback right now, since his only competition was against West Carolina. The saving grace will be that this will expose Lyle for being even more of a fraud when people realize he still won't throw the ball down the field.

9. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Bottom line is the move is out of desperation. Instead of trying to coach him up, which they obviously cannot do, they bench Dobbs. And everyone is correct, the run game will be rendered more ineffective because Dobbs at least gave us the threat. Butch is running for his coaching life right now. It reaks of the 2013 UF game, as mentioned before. Reaks of it.

This is collectively over. Butch just told the team "I give up."

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes or no, when Dormady is in the game the offense will change

11. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Has this coaching staff given you any reason to think it would? Serious question.

12. nomojo

nomojo Member

So is Dormady starting, or just getting some snaps?

13. CardinalVol

It's getting sad when we hit a point where me, moron guy at home, can see the formation and personnel in the 1Q and know what we're about to do. And it's not even a formation we've used before.

I still can't figure out why we went away from the run. I just don't understand it. They hadn't come close to stopping it.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I thought they were just talking about him playing some, not starting. Am I wrong here?

15. CardinalVol

No, just playing, but either way.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Dobbs could not hit the Hurd in stride out of the backfield. The guy simply is not a good passer. I welcome the change.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He's going in on "throw" downs. Dobbs comes in to hand off.

Should work out well until they figure it out.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

College coaches aren't smart enough for that.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did shit like that at Cincinnati

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh hell, I remember that.