Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's absolutely crazy that coaches on this level can't figure that out. Cam Newton didn't complete a pass to a covered wide receiver his entire college career. Never needed to.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There were also drops. The Wolf TD drop was terrible. PW had a bad drop too. But he threw a lot over the middle and that's his wheelhouse.

As far as the running, I find it odd Hurd was asked to run wide while Dobbs got to head upfield.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you run Peyton Manning a lot, he's awful.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Which is what any decent offensive staff asks Dobbs to do from game one

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And it's why we lost to UF and Arky. He clearly was avoiding the run. Without that threat, Worley is a vastly better QB.

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

No doubt, they didn't want to turn dobbs loose because they didn't want him hurt.. because they didn't want to throw dormady in there ... because they don't trust dormady enough.

...kinda like what they did to dobbs when Worley started.

They need to go full throttle with dobbs and if he gets hurt, **** it.. you throw in dormady. For ****s sake.. you run a read option and have a read option qb, and then you don't use him as a read option qb until the 6th game?

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think Hurd likes it so that he can punish the dumb db who is stupid enough to run up to him. The GA #9, I think, is still seeing stars.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And this was the basis of the entire Dormady commentary. If you're going to neuter Dobbs, don't play him.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

He has to run. If or when Dormady takes the spot the offense will look different. You won't have a QB rushing for 100 yrds but your talent outside will much more a factor. And its there.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hopefully the line can pass block by the time he takes over.