Sounds like Jancek is out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Knox9552, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Hubbs more or less confirmed.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Wait, what?

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

So I guess that means Martinez is gone, too. Terry Fair for DBs and who's our next DC?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Intersting.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thank goodness it's not DeBord

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Everyone on the other site mocked me for saying he'd be gone

7. RockyHill

Any speculation on where he's going?

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Pay Dave Aranda whatever he wants.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Miami.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This isn't a bad thing

11. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Hubbs said Jones is still "evaluating" his staff and Jancek was one he was looking at the closest. There was a post in the war room from Hubbs and crew a few weeks ago that randomly brought up Bob Shoop's name as being one that was being courted by many in the SEC. That part was very strange to say the least.

Coupled with the fact that they sat on the Bajakian news last year, I think they've known for a while. Shoop would be a great hire, but I'll believe we throw that kind of money around when it actually happens.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If, which I don't see it happening, Butch would hire a guy like Shoop (a good coach outside his "circle of trust") and Tennessee would pay for it, I wouldn't be quite as bitter

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Shoop turned down LSU last offseason and Auburn a week ago. Doubt he'd come here.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would be nice to simultaneously doom James Franklin and upgrade a coordinator.

15. RockyHill

There is no way we make a good hire.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

17. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

It also makes no sense to fire Jancek and then go bargain bin the next DC. If you were going to do that why not just ride the continuity out and let the cards fall where they may? I'm hopeful this go around but obviously hesitant because, well, Tennessee.

18. RockyHill

Hold up, I just assumed he was leaving, are we firing him? That would be absurd.

19. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Hubbs used the term "evaluating". Take that and the subsequent actions of Jones however you want.

20. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Also doesn't Dave Aranda run a 3-4? Do we really want to make major scheme changes this season?