Sounds like Jancek is out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Knox9552, Dec 31, 2015.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We may have a few guys who could produce effort sacks, but opportunity sacks would be scarce. And don't even get me started on the lack of momentum plays we'd see.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good. Better someone else than us.

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hubbs went extra cryptic regarding Jancek in their weekly War Room. My experience reading his cryptic messages would tend to make me believe that Jancek is gone after tomorrow. It was even indicated that Tennessee had been evaluating several candidates and cryptically referred to a top coach in the Big Ten.

There was a rumors that Jancek's wife may not like Knoxville or some of the other wives. Hubbs has also mentioned he could land at Colorado St with Bobo.

Another rumor was that Shoop could be a coach Butch has been after. Supposedly, Shoops family has remained in Nashville since he took the PSU job.

Adding to the above, it appears that Tennessee is going to elevate their pay scale for the assistants as well as support staff bc they are falling behind there.

5. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

As long as we pay the ringmaster of this circus $4 million per year, Botch got dis.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Is Sal Sunseri available?

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's gone.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Really interesting situation. Most on this board new Bajay and Jancek were not going to cut it once the roster was stocked. If we pay Shoop, Butch deserves props.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Since butch has no desire to give up control of the offense up, getting a top end defensive coordinator is his only hope.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Normally, I'd agree, but equalizing the DeBord hire would require hiring Saban, LeBeau, and Parcells as co-DCs.

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I still don't like his scheme, but no offense is going to work in the SEC when two of your best linemen are true frosh. Concerns about key player personnel decisions remain paramount imo.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know what would surprise me more, Butch leaving the trust tree or Tennessee joining the big boys by paying a top notch coordinator.

I think he can Fulmer it if he gets out of the way.

14. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Wasn't a home run, but I hold the minority opinion that it wasn't disastrous either.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It looks worse because there wasn't an attempt to really hire anyone but him imo. Hey, if you strike out and have to go to the bottom of the well, so be it, but go down swinging.

I don't hold DeBord at fault for Butch wanting "his" offense here. He's about to hire a guy Willie Taggart let go to coach QBs

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

We will see. Shoop would be a game changer and everybody including Butch knows it.

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The fact that the hire was a foregone conclusion didn't help. I agree.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Scheme wise I think this offense could work, but I think Butch isn't a great in game tactician and doesn't maximize his talent to the scheme.

Not seeing more two back sets till the end of the year was dumb as hell

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

To me, given the offensive talent, the timeline, and the way our search was conducted, it was pretty disastrous. We could have attracted a big name with the young talent on the roster. Instead our lone target was a semi-retired guy whose next best offer was at best going to be some position coach's assistant spot.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh yeah, he's terrible in game. Terrible.

I'd like to see them work in more pistol and not do it exclusively with Kamara.