Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would have said "great" instead of "good"...

But I feel ya.

2. JayVols

I mean this in the most helpful way. You're taking ecred too seriously. I respect someone that can stand up and admit a mistake. Nothing wrong with it. It's a sign of strength not weakness.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Of course it's an insult. If you have a group of people who do not poke fun or insult each other, then the group does not care about one another.

You will have this for the rest of your life, embrace it and own it.

Good lord man, have Sab create a cotton themed avy you can sport if cotton loses the bet.

There are plenty of ways to have fun with this.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't made any ****ing mistakes. What mistake am I supposed to admit to having made? I still stand 100% behind every prediction I have made, but because I won't accept a bet at the exact time you people deem it necessary, I've made a mistake? Get over yourself.

5. OrangeEmpire

[​IMG]

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

At what point has anyone made this about having fun? If this was about "having fun," my request to wait to formalize the bet until closer to the season gets accepted immediately and we come back to it later on. Multiple people admitted there was nothing wrong with my request, multiple people said it didn't sound like I was going back on my claim, and one, maybe two even said they would take cotton's place in the bet right before the season started if he wouldn't take it. But I'm the one not open to having fun and backing out on things? Why is no one calling cotton out for being too big of a puss to offer the bet right before the season starts? Because it's not about having fun.

7. OrangeEmpire

Cotton, quit being a ***** and cancel one of your hunting trips and come in here and face Indy!

8. OrangeEmpire

You hanging out with IP.........???????

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's a bet for dinner, not $5,000. Seems like if you beleive it will happen you don't have a ton to lose

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't care about how much it costs. I don't want to deal with being called an idiot for taking a bet that we would go 11-1 and losing because Hurd and Dobbs both broke their legs 3 weeks before the season starts. If you haven't noticed, I don't live anything down here (sab, tackled by kicker, etc.). Why add to the list when I can wait, make sure none of that shit happens, and then win the bet?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why don't you stipulate that the bet is only on if Hurd and dobbs aren't out for a game the vols lose?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Because other stupid crap can always happen. Instead of coming up with every single scenario that could change the opinion, why not just wait, see what happens In the offseason, and make the bet with very few stipulations at all? There is no downside to it.

It leads to a fairer bet that has a much better chance of being decided by the true disagreement at hand (whether this team will be good enough to overcome Butch.).

13. JayVols

You really are an insufferable ass that is incapable of understanding any [dadgum] thing.

If I were trying to be an ******* with that, evveryone here would have been able to identify it without question.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Seems like if you only think they go 11-1 if nothing bad ever happens basically means you really don't think they will go 11-1. No championship team in college football history has had zero "stupid crap" happen. If you really think they will go 11-1 than you should think that will happen if they lose some significant starters to injury or other things of that magnitude because over the length of the season that happens to everyone.

15. JayVols

No need to worry about being called an idiot for being wrong about your prediction.

Your reaction to this has more than taken care of that.

16. OrangeEmpire

How does it get any worse than being in a van with sab down by the river?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are assuming he didn't enjoy it

18. OrangeEmpire

Either way, he was with sab, in a van, down by the river.

19. OrangeEmpire

Although, he may have been on to something.

Always blame it on experimenting in college.

[​IMG]

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Indy why not just say "I think we might go 11-1 but I don't feel really confident that we will go 11-1 and that's why I'm not making the bet." That is what you are saying right?